Book tickets via FF program vs Amex Travel website ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe Nguyen

Is it more cost effective to book through a FF partner (Kris Flyer) or book via Amex Travel website directly ?

If I book a returned ticket from Mel-Sing using KF points, with 15% discount, it would be
46,750 points + tax & surcharge of $ 329

If I book directly with Amex Travel website, the ticket will be about $ 930 = 93,000 points (inc tax & surcharge), higher points but I dont need use my pocket money.

Any suggestions pls ?

Depends on the value you place on your Membership Rewards points, and whether you want to earn status, etc.

If you bought a ticket, it would be $930. You'll have to check the fare conditions as to whether this will earn miles or status.

If you used Krisflyer miles, you would save ~$600, so the 46,750 points are worth ~$600, if you ignore the fact that you won't earn any miles or status with this fare. This puts a value on each point at approx 0.01283 AUD.

A straight redemption on the Amex Travel site, will value each point at approx 0.01 AUD.

Think its only more worth it if you go business etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back