Bonus Pts for CPA AMEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGarlic

I was just wondering if anyone have realised that Amex has change the rate of earning bonus pts. If you got a CPA Australia AMEX, u will be only earning 1.5 pt for up to $10K, 1pt exceeding $10K. However this was not under the deal which I believe CPA Australia is offering which is 1 pts up to $10K and 1.5pts exceeding $10K. I rang Amex and they inisted that this has alway been the case and Ihave requested for aterms and conditions for this card to be sent to me. Any views on this?

I don't know about the CPA card, but I'm assuming it will be the same as the other "branded" cards. The AMA platinum credit card earns 1.5 MR points up to $100,000, then 1.0 MR for anything more. The annual fee is $295, a $100 saving off the normal fee.

Heres the link: AMA - AMA Platinum Credit Card
Wouldn't the CPA have information on their website?

FYI - This is current.

Chartered Accountants Gold Credit Card

Features
  • No annual Card fee for life - saving you $70 per year
  • Attractive interest rate of 16.99% p.a.
  • Transfer your credit card balance to a low rate of 7.99% p.a. for the life of the balance(your monthly payments will first repay the balance you have transferred before reducing other amounts, such as new purchases) subject to the American Express Interest Rate Policy**
  • Up to 55 days interest free on purchases
  • Automatic enrolment in Membership Rewards™ Ascent – saving you $80 per year
  • Earn 1 Membership Rewards point for every dollar spent up to the first $10,000, and then earn 1.5 points for every additional dollar spent over $10,000 in that year (reset annually)
  • Membership Rewards points never expire as long as the account remains current
  • Online Fraud Protection Guarantee, when you use the Card online, you will not be held responsible for unauthorised charges
  • Convenient payment options including direct debit, BPay, by cheque, via Australia Post or in person at American Express Travel or Representative office
  • Supplementary Cards with no annual fee available for family and friends - save $20 p.a.
  • Minimum income of $25,000 required.

Just a note that Chartered Accountants and a Certified Practising Account are different organisations - so they may have differing terms and conditions

sydney_kings said:
Just a note that Chartered Accountants and a Certified Practising Account are different organisations - so they may have differing terms and conditions

Yes, but it's unlikely the OP is confused between his credit card and that offered to members of a different (yet very similar) organisation. Especially when both websites password protect member offers. I expect American Express' generosity varies based on the profitability of the respective card programs. After all:

"With every purchase you make, American Express will make a contribution to the Institute, which supports various membership initiatives and programs for our members."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back