Bonus Altitude Point at Caltex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rallygirl

Hi Everyone,

I just saw on the Altitude Rewards website last night that you can now receive a bonus 1 point for shopping at Caltex on the black card.
I don't shop there but I thought I would let anyone that does know.

I think the point is on all spending, not just fuel, but please read the T&C.

Also please note that you have to register for the offer.

Happy Shopping.

yes, am finding this very successful. using the WBC Altitude Black Amex. get the 3 X $ value plus the extra bonus points. it's working for me.

It works out exactly the same as using a Plat edge amex.

Has anybody spotted an issue with accrual of points? I seem to be getting bonus points from a related supermarket transactions but not from Caltex

Has anybody spotted an issue with accrual of points? I seem to be getting bonus points from a related supermarket transactions but not from Caltex

What supermarket bonus points are you receiving?

You need to register your card with Altitude first. So i use the Altitude Amec, get 3 X per dollar and then a bonus for whatever it cost. 100.00 worth of petrol = 300 points plus an extra 100

I have registered. However, on my points statement in Altitude Rewards, I am receiving Caltex Bonus on my Safeway/Woolworths supermarket transactions - same day & same amount (rounded up or down to the nearest whole point).

Yes that is right k3nnis.
I am one of those silly people that do not have one.

If you had a referral for the plat edge you'd get the extra points all the time for fuel plus 3 real points ( equivalent of 6 Altitude) at the supermarket. The referral would land you extra bonus points on sign up too.

Should the bonus points appear right away? I've made a few Caltex purchases and they're coming up with the 3 standard points but says "0" in bonus points.

Finding a Caltex that doesn't surcharge for Amex is surprisingly hard… Seems odd to have a promo for Amex but then discourage its use at the point of sale.

Should the bonus points appear right away? I've made a few Caltex purchases and they're coming up with the 3 standard points but says "0" in bonus points.

Finding a Caltex that doesn't surcharge for Amex is surprisingly hard… Seems odd to have a promo for Amex but then discourage its use at the point of sale.

Have you signed up for the bonus on altitude rewards website?

Just a quick heads up for anyone looking to earn the bonus points with Caltex. I made 3 purchases at 3 different Caltex locations and none of them allocated bonus points. After a few emails backwards and forwards with a seemingly simple Westpac staff member, he admitted that:

"The Caltex bonus partners need to be manually set up and approved by Caltexhead office. I have sent the below two merchants to our bonus partner team
for investigation."

I did send him three merchants…. but we're getting there slowly.'

It seems that even though the merchant may appear on the online list, Westpac are only going to set them up when someone notices and complains.

Worth taking note of.

Think I've found the problem with this one...

It seems only Caltex Woolworths not Woolworths Caltex transactions are covered by this. I haven't found a Caltex Woolworths yet that doesn't charge an Amex surcharge.

Does anybody know of one near SYD airport?

Its been a while, but I think the one on Gardeners Rd., Mascot doesn't charge a surcharge.
Otherwise Alison Rd., Randwick is surcharge-free too.

Thanks a lot for that. I'll drive past mascot and have a look.

It's a little dodgy when you read it... Altitude lists Caltex Kogarah as a participating merchant. The issue is there are two of them and no way of telling which is which. After experience... The participating one is the merchant charging the surcharge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back