Best use of Amex MR points when living overseas

I've moved overseas to Europe and will be overseas for a minimum of a few years. I have an Amex Essentials Card that I no longer use and want to close but have built up some points. (about 180,000)
What is the best way to use these points?

I am thinking of putting them into AsiaMiles as that lets me use for them BA and a few other European-based Airlines.
Any other ideas?

I am not looking really for the best business class seat to avail of, more so what programme I can use to buy short flights around Europe or from Europe to the US.

Up until end of September, there is a transfer bonus to Marriott 1:1

You could then transfer to BA Avios which as far as I know is the only good use of airline points for short-haul Europe flights

BA does have good availability to the US but the combination of UK APD and carrier charges are prohibitive. Flying IB to US is a more economical use of Avios
However, if you are wanting to fly to US from Europe I would favour transferring (via Marriott) to UA (or AA, AS) as taxes lower. I'm not sure about UA availability transatlantic but I think it is better than AA metal. Note that you would still pay BA carrier charges if redeeming AA/AS miles on BA metal

Back