Best ever credit card points deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffhound

Here's an interesting topic for discussion. Post the best ever credit card sign up offer you've ever taken advantage of, taking into account the costs and the benefits.

For me, and as I'm still fairly new at this, it would have to be the ANZ FF 50,000 qantas points offer. Can anyone top this?

cheers Peter

I still love my Woolies EDR MasterCard as it pays a point a dollar on the MasterCard but the ANZ cards fall miserably short.
Congratulations on the 50,000 sign on and that lured one of my sons into that card.
I do have lovely pair of scissors that can fix that weak points earn rate.

Best points deal I ever got was the Citibank half annual fee i.e. $125 annual fee + 60,000 QFF pts but I guess the one that I just signed up for with ANZ has to be the best by far given it was NO ANNUAL FEE!!!

A couple of years ago Amex had a promotion to earn 10,000 points for every 5 transactions. Best ever.

I earned more than 100,000 points via the promotion and certain people in the forum got more than 500,000 points.

The ANZ 50000 points for free deal is the best signup deal I know of.

They are going to have a rude shock once people who signed up for the points start cancelling. Cutting the Platinum card earn to 6000 points / month is going to come back to bite them.

Amex Platinum had 75K QF points sign up, and my personal favourite, Virgin Money had 50K Velocity pts (which I accidentally got credited twice:) ) + 200SC...

We did two Citibank US Executive World Elite MasterCards to start with 200,000 AA miles for $500 US with free Admirals Club and no foreign exchange fees at all in 2014.

They won't be making that mistake again

Well they already did...though not as generous. While that one was worth 2.85 million I have run on several promos since earning 100-300K each time. Plus many smaller runs. Well is dry at present though. Amex is unfortunately mainly do cash-back offers at present. And while the cash is nice, it is not as nice as hundreds of thousands of points.

However OP was asking about sign on bonii. Too many to list them all but some include
:

The recent ANZ one was worth 250K for $0 for my wife and I (though with qualifying spend.)
They had one years back which 37.5 K for $0. Took out and applied for wife and I, and then re-applied = 150k for $0.

Amex did have 80K bonus on the Platinum Card when the perks were better than it currently is by a goodly margin. Did cost $450, but with a free flight worth $500+, genuine travel insurance that each card holder gained without any spend including on it the travel, including supplementary card holders s that wife and daughter could travel separately with free travel insurance and other good perks (So worth $500-600 per person per year). Referred the wife to gain another 20+80K as well.

Citibank have had a steady stream over the years. Jetstar not long back. 16K there, 20K here, 40 K there, 50K here...they all add up. Even better when they are not QFF points.

There have many been others for free or low amounts. One/s that have a significant fees I usually tend to avoid. However sometimes the banks would refund card fees on cancelling.

Sign-ons and promos come and go in waves. Sometimes there will be a drought. But the drought always breaks.

Currently there is a steady stream of sign-on bonii, and cash-back promos, but bonus points for spend are on the lean side. Common point with all of them though is Carpe Diem. Spend bonus points are the most lucrative for me though, and so hopefully the drought on these will break soon.

Last edited:
Bankwest Qantas Transaction Account for me - nearly 50,000 points over 6 months for spending less than $1,000 :D

oh btw 10,000 sign up bonus, for depositing $2k each month over 3 months

Post the best ever credit card sign up offer you've ever taken advantage of, taking into account the costs and the benefits............................For me, and as I'm still fairly new at this, it would have to be the ANZ FF 50,000 qantas points offer. Can anyone top this?
Nope I think that is the best I have seen here in Oz - 100K to me for zip - the fockers knocked me back on the basic card or it would be 150K for zip!

My best deal would have to be 80000 points for Amex platinum signup bonus + 240000 points in referral bonuses for signing up the extended family for platinum edge cards. Cancelled the card after 6 months and got half the fee refunded. Total 320000 points for $450.

NAB QF Platinum - I think the sign-up bonus was 30k from memory, and then at 1 year anniversary was mysteriously given another 20k QFF.

Best sign up was when I threatened to cancel all my Amex cards due to benefits being 'enhanced', they offered the Platinum Charge card which at the time had an 80k sign up, plus another 80k on top. So I received 160k for the $900 annual fee back then.

The current Amex Platinum deal isn't too shabby either though. Its 90k for signing up through a referral, which is almost enough for a return J trip to Europe on MH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back