Bankwest Qantas World now included in home loan package

exceladdict

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Silver
More a PSA than anything: the Bankwest Qantas World Mastercard, which is often mentioned around the traps due to its lack of foreign transaction fees, has recently been made available as a part of the bank's home loan package. This was not previously the case, when only the platinum card was included at no cost when you pay the package's $395 annual fee.

If you are paying this package fee anyway; and your limit is already $12k or greater, you may wish to upgrade to the higher QF earn rate of 1 point per $ up to $5k, and 0.5k thereafter but with no absolute cap.

I also understand that if you share a home loan with your spouse, you can each hold a card and have the fee waived.

If you don't hold the card, there's currently a 40k+10k offer on the platinum variant, which if you opened with a 12k limit you could then upgrade to the world after the points are awarded. While other banks have much larger sign up offerings, worth mentioning here in case you might be getting one for your package.

YMMV and may not be worth refinancing your home loan for, but if you're with bankwest anyway, hope this may be of some use!

We do both hold Bankwest World credit cards and Mrscove uses hers much more than me. I use St George Amplify for Kris Miles and Virgin points.
We have gone mortgage free and have no wish to change that status.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back