Bankwest More World Mastercard

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkennedy

I just received an invitation to upgrade from platunum mastercard to this. I haven't heard of it before and based on the benefits, it looks like they are trying to compete with the Citibank Signature card (which I have).

Does anyone know much about this?

Given I already have priority pass from citibank, would I be able to get a 'second membership' ? This would give me more free entries.

I'm not sure its worth the hassle of changing though - new credit card number mean all my direct payments are broken !

How do I know the current rewards points I earn with my platinum card to compare ? I can't remember...

The Qantas version of the Platinum is reducing from 1/$ to 0.75/$ on 16th November. The World card earns at 1/$. Existing platinum holders with the minimum credit limit (believed to be $12k) are being offered a free upgrade to the World card.

How much of the above reflects what is happening with the More card, I do not know, but it should give you a flavour.

FWIW, the annual fee for the World is $190 (More) and $220 (QF) although the QF upgrade offer is 'free', i.e. you maintain your existing annual fee whatever that may be.

Check out this thread: http://www.australianfrequentflyer....wards/bankwest-reduces-rate-16-may-60294.html - for more on the QF card.

FWIW, the annual fee for the World is $190 (More) and $220 (QF) although the QF upgrade offer is 'free', i.e. you maintain your existing annual fee whatever that may be.

UNLESS (as I found when I rang them) the existing fee was waived for you (which it was for me) in which case, it reverts to the prior cards normal fee. i.e. $190.

Anyone aware of what the exchange rates are like and the fees for paying a bill (in Norway) on this B/W World?

on the phone right now...

Yesterday had my bonus 50k points credited to QFF (QFF PLATINUM CARD), and have thus far been approved for the world mc upgrade. I'm required to fill in and send by post/branch 2 forms within 30 days.

1) Annual fee = $220 (not $160 or $190 like platinum: cant remember amount person said, lazy to look at statements/rules.)
2) interest rate/transfer rate = 20.49%
3) cash advance = 21.99%
4) Old platinum card is active for up to 5 days after receiving new world card.

Update/edit: Luxury that lasts.

Actual link the above was transferred from: Luxury that lasts.

Would anyone who currently has the world card know of the updated benefits/perks since we last heard? ie: SPG Gold, transfer of points to other providers (spg? i'm dreaming..)

Last edited:
Yes, now $220. Good if you pay big tax bills as it's 1:1. Pays points for every type of payment. You need to do a new direct debit form to pay off the new cc off each month, that did not carry over for me. Otherwise, and other dircet debits you had organised 'should' carry on.

SPG is only good for Asia and was a real pain to organise as SPG and the Bank could not agree on who responsible to organise, and only for 1 year too.

Really, this card is good for high payers.

on the phone right now...

Yesterday had my bonus 50k points credited to QFF (QFF PLATINUM CARD), and have thus far been approved for the world mc upgrade. I'm required to fill in and send by post/branch 2 forms within 30 days.

1) Annual fee = $220 (not $160 or $190 like platinum: cant remember amount person said, lazy to look at statements/rules.)
2) interest rate/transfer rate = 20.49%
3) cash advance = 21.99%
4) Old platinum card is active for up to 5 days after receiving new world card.

Update/edit: Luxury that lasts.

Actual link the above was transferred from: Luxury that lasts.

Would anyone who currently has the world card know of the updated benefits/perks since we last heard? ie: SPG Gold, transfer of points to other providers (spg? i'm dreaming..)

When do you pay for the $220 annual fee, given that the $160 annual fee for the platinum was charged upon joining?

In that case you would probably pay the extra when this paid for year ends, or you negotiate a better deal.

When do you pay for the $220 annual fee, given that the $160 annual fee for the platinum was charged upon joining?

I have officially ascertained that this card's travel insurance will NOT cover reward bookings. Even though they are affiliated with and give me QF points ... for everything I put on it.

I have officially ascertained that this card's travel insurance will NOT cover reward bookings. Even though they are affiliated with and give me QF points ... for everything I put on it.

Do you mean that if you miss or had to postpone your reward flight, therefore leading to cancellation, the insurance won't cover you for a replacement flight?

Here's the best way to find out for sure what is covered and what is not. If you ask, plse tell us how much they are actually NOT covering us for:

Contact Numbers for Easy ReferenceEnquiries and ClaimsYou can phone Allianz Global Assistance on 1800 785 918for general enquiries and claim forms, however, pleasemake sure you have this booklet on hand when you call.Claim forms and information on how to make a claim canalso be found at www.allianzassistance.com.au/claims

Mrscove received her card today.
We run with Chubb travel insurance as many of our flights are using points/ miles.

anyone else gotten an upgrade recently? or that is no longer available?

Just ring to ask to be upgraded. They will 99% send the form by email.

Not filled in the form, but have sent it to me.

I guess i wil try and see. Dint have the card as yet. Basically wouldn't apply for plat alone. Only if good chance for upgrade.

With one in the family I am now trying to make it two. You have to start with a Bankwest Platinum cc as the upgrade appears to be through this path so you can pick up 50,000 Qantas points bonus for $160 as a starter. The platinum card earns at the 0.75 QF points per dollar with a capping at 200,000 QF points.

I'll be looking into BW cards at their Sydney city branch in the morning. First though i have to write out a BIG cheque to bank payable to OSR.

A bank with a C in it is good to pay that one and it isn't the one that is the numero uno at the minute. I hope that helps Foreigner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back