Balances transfers - How often

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovestotravel

Okay so I did a balance transfer a few months ago, and paid down some of it, and went to do another one and it says I am not eligible for it at the moment as I don't have an "offer"

Does anyone know how long you need to wait to do another balance transfer and when do you get another "offer"

I couldn't even do a cheque to self, as I needed to have an "offer"

I rang CitiBank three times and got the same answer each time, so I assume they are correct

Thoughts?

Usually only available when you first open a card.

I have a received a couple on my Amex Discovery and CBA cards that sit in a drawer and are never used.

Sent from my iPhone using AustFreqFly

I have a Citibank Readycredit card and for as long as I can remember 0% balance transfer for 3 months has been available to me.

They are all different. I have an ANZ card, and the current offer of 0% for 12 months is for new and existing cardholders so I'm eligible. Generally though the offers are for acquisition and therefore new accounts.

I have a Citibank Readycredit card and for as long as I can remember 0% balance transfer for 3 months has been available to me.

Has anyone had this on the Signature as an existing cardholder?

Okay so an offer appeared a few days ago and I was happy again! 6.99% for 6 months.

Went to try and use it tonight and it was gone

Very weird!

Call them. They should be able to see the offers on your account.

And in my experience sometimes they have more offers than what I can see of have received. ;)

Call them. They should be able to see the offers on your account.

And in my experience sometimes they have more offers than what I can see of have received. ;)

Thanks, but I tried that, and they said I currently have no offers!

But in the past they have offered me more than what I had received!

Yet again, it's just Citibank consistency I think....

I am currently on my initial 0% for 6 months utilizing the family and friends deal. Last night another 0% for 6 months offer appeared in IB.
It would worth checking your IB offers if you are in the market for BT.

- ANZ 0% for 12 months
- Westpac 0% for 14 months
- Bankwest had no offer and called them and they offered 2.99% for 6 months
- CBA 5.99% for 6 months
- Citibank 0% for 3 months

Virgin, last balance transfer of 2.99% for 9 months about to expire so keen to see what they will offer.

Citibank will offer it if you ask, they offered me when I asked to cancel my card 12 months 0% for a cheque to self or balance transfer up to i think it was 90% of the card limit.

Citibank is 0% for for 3 months up to 80% of credit limit.

They also have 0% for 6 months up to 80% of credit limit but 2% balance transfer fee.

Current customers can easily get something better than what is offer on the website. The offer I received was when I called up an hour ago to cancel.

I called Citibank and there are no balance transfer offers available for existing customers. Strange.

I didn't threaten to cancel.

That's strange. I called them last week as I couldn't see the balance transfer offer on the website. They said it was still available for me, took all details over the phone and 2 days later funds were transferred.

Current customers can easily get something better than what is offer on the website. The offer I received was when I called up an hour ago to cancel.

Wonder what they will do in july when the fee free for life 0%/6months expires, I transfer owing balance to NAB, then immediately call Citi and threaten to cancel. LOL.

I called to cancel a card the other day and they offered me 24 months 0% interest.
I was really keen to cancel so I could apply for the 80,000 signup bonus card so I declined a 12 month transfer, but the 24 month offer won me over.

That's strange. I called them last week as I couldn't see the balance transfer offer on the website. They said it was still available for me, took all details over the phone and 2 days later funds were transferred.

I had that 0% offer on website for long time. They didn't want to offer anything this time.. See if a few months of inactivity triggers any offers.

Don't want to cancel card as it is free and no cash advance fee for withdrawals.

Going through the citibank balance transfer, appears that it has changed now and that instead of it being a payment straight to the receiving bank credit card, they now send a cheque, takes 10 days to clear etc. Last time I did this it was done in a matter of days. Apparently the new way takes longer and is more manual intensive. I called citibank to follow up on the status of it, first reply was, takes 10 days to do the cheque to the cheque was sent 5 days ago so the bank should have it, but the receiving bank doesn't All the scripted responses started contradicting each other.

I had that 0% offer on website for long time. They didn't want to offer anything this time.. See if a few months of inactivity triggers any offers.

Don't want to cancel card as it is free and no cash advance fee for withdrawals.

Fee-free cash advance? That I didn't know. Means it becomes like a 28Deg card, but do they get you on the exchange rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back