Balance Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi all,

Has anyone recently received an 'additional' parcel of Bonus Reward Points (BRP) from CitiBank (CB) recently?

I balance transferred $20,000. a few months ago, and got my 20,000 BTP, but now, I've just received another 40,000 BRP....

A pleasant surprize indeed!!!

I've transferred them over to QFF quicksmart, but they haven't ACTUALLY arrived in my QFF account as yet...

Well....

regards,

I'd just be quiet about it until you get the points into your QFF account.

You never know who lurks on this forum. :)

Regards
Daniel

"I can not tell a lie".... it was me!!!

I can't account for the 'guest' coming up... because I did actually log in???

Anyway, I did get all those points into my QFF account.

60,000 points for transferring $20,000. over, and no, I didn't close the other account!!!

Can they take them back??? (once they're in a QFF account)

regards,

Well well well.

Whats this about transfering balances and getting double points?

I applied for a Gold Citibank Visa today 1/3/05 and they told me balance transfers dont even accrue any points at all and yet you guys are saying yes it does? HOW? (funny american indian accent hehehehe)

Up until the end of last year (I think?) they were offering 1 point per dollar transferred and an additional point if you close the account

e.g. if you transfer $20,000 and close the account where it was coming from you received 20,000 points for the transfer and 20,000 points for closing the account

So what the verdict, do they offer points on balance transfers or not, I have just called them 2 minutes ago and they say yes they do and it takes 6 weeks until they appear on your acount. I have not received any letter advising me of changes to the terms and conditions for this card so they can't change anything until they have informed everyone. Citibank is not able to take the points back from Qantas however if they find out, it will show up on your rewards statement as a minus 60000 balance this is not a problem if you don't ever use the card again but if you do then any future rewards points you earn will be reduce the debit balance.

How can they make u close the account?

How can they check?

They cant do that cough could they?

All they need u to do is just balance transfer and u get the points right?

Oh watched the 4 corners show and they were showing the scams CITIBANK had carried out atleast in the USA where if u missed a single Payment did could scrap the agreed interest rate and charge you ridiculous figures of 30% etc. Any one heard of Citibank pulling cough like that here in OZ? Could they even do that legally in OZ??

Also are the amount of points you could earn capped on the credit cards? If so what are the caps because i dont see it on their website?

From my experience, I told them that I closed the account, but I didn't (haven't gotten around to it), but I still received the bonus for "closing" the account.

I don't think they can do it themselves, but I could be proven wrong.

With regards to points capping, from memory there is but the limits are high eg. I think for plat cards it is 100k points and gold is 60k pa, but i'm sure someone with the official answer will either confirm or deny my stats

Personally, I have no 'ethical' problem with 'milking' CB for all the points I can get!!!

They charge us over 18%pa interest... they hit us for fees and charges etc. etc. etc.

I had a Plat. card with them. Got untold thousands of points in balance transfers, including telling them I've closed the 'other' bank's credit card..... and took the double points!

When I finally closed my Plat card with them, I waited for a month, then rang them up, and asked for a Gold card with 6.9%pa promo interest for nine months. Plus, I wanted 2:1 points on a balance transfer, as I told them I'd close my 'other' card with 'XYZ' bank.

THEY GAVE IT TO ME!!!

So, I think it depends on who you are talking to, and what type of deal you can strike up for yourself....

regards,

Gordon said:
Personally, I have no 'ethical' problem with 'milking' CB for all the points I can get!!!

They charge us over 18%pa interest... they hit us for fees and charges etc. etc. etc.

I had a Plat. card with them. Got untold thousands of points in balance transfers, including telling them I've closed the 'other' bank's credit card..... and took the double points!

When I finally closed my Plat card with them, I waited for a month, then rang them up, and asked for a Gold card with 6.9%pa promo interest for nine months. Plus, I wanted 2:1 points on a balance transfer, as I told them I'd close my 'other' card with 'XYZ' bank.

THEY GAVE IT TO ME!!!

So, I think it depends on who you are talking to, and what type of deal you can strike up for yourself....

regards,

hahahahaha brilliant move Gordon... you make me proud ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back