Balance transfer out of Platinum Charge Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motlking

Intern
Hi all,

Just wondering can you do a balance transfer out to another credit card from the Platinum charge card?

Thanks

Do you mean like a promotional low interest transfer or paying another cc with the Amex?

I don't think so - but even if you could - you'd have to pay it back in ~30 days anyway as its a charge card not a credit card

I don't think so - but even if you could - you'd have to pay it back in ~30 days anyway as its a charge card not a credit card

Balance transfer would pay off the balance of the AMEX so there would be nothing to pay back...

Ah so you mean balance transfer from NAB to Amex? Your question implied the other way round.

I don't see that would be an issue at all

Ah so you mean balance transfer from NAB to Amex? Your question implied the other way round.

I don't see that would be an issue at all

"out of Platinum Charge Card" seems pretty clear to me. You seem to be the one with the confusion about direction.

Some T&Cs say that charge cards aren't allowed, but I haven't encountered a problem in practice with Westpac, NAB, or Citibank.

"out of Platinum Charge Card" seems pretty clear to me. You seem to be the one with the confusion about direction.

Some T&Cs say that charge cards aren't allowed, but I haven't encountered a problem in practice with Westpac, NAB, or Citibank.

Yes, that's what I thought. Thanks, good to hear your experience :)

Balance transfers are just payments to the account, but direct from the bank. So yes, you can easily do it, from any account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back