Australian Mobile phone providers: For use in AU & overseas. | Page 5 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Australian Mobile phone providers: For use in AU & overseas.

What is your chosen postpaid Aussie mobile phone provider?

• Total voters

JessicaTam

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I've had the go around with Telstra on this issue too. So after being with them since 1997 I am heading to Optus. Apparently they think we all only live and work in Australia. How bloody stupid of them...another $199 a month customer lost..
I'm on the $129 plan - the roaming is only 1GB / month.
I am on the $149 plan.

I dropped into the local Optus store today and had a good chat. They have a similar plan for $105. When I get a dual sim phone I could use the work Telstra sim if coverage becomes a problem.

Let's see what Telstra do when my contract is up.

Buzzard

Some of these monthly plans make my eyes water. I'm with Boost (Telstra) pre paid. $150 for 12 months with unlimited calls MMS SMS and 80Gb.
At that price I could easily afford an international add on when travelling or just get a local SIM.

amaroo

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
Some of these monthly plans make my eyes water. I'm with Boost (Telstra) pre paid. $150 for 12 months with unlimited calls MMS SMS and 80Gb.
At that price I could easily afford an international add on when travelling or just get a local SIM.

Is that 80Gb a month or year?

Buzzard

80Gb a year which is more than I can use. At home the phone connects to my NBN. You can get 240Gb if you pay $300/year.

exceladdict

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
I've been on a version of the Optus 80GB plan for $40/month that gives 4GB/month for use in Zone 1 countries, which for me last month included Japan, Norway, Denmark (including the Faroe Islands and Greenland), and Portugal (including the Azores). Dubai was the only place I went that wasn't covered.

I'm on this plan but at $49/Mo, though I got an 150 eBay gift card at sign on. Has been great just now in Thailand.

Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
The problem for me is that a lot of my time is spent in China.... behind the great Firewall. I have a local sim with data it’s just that there are a whole pile of websites I cannot access for my work because of the firewall. I have a vpn but it too depends on data so I cannot use it on my Aus. phone when out and about And then the issue is the vpn on CN phone!!

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogerseil