Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Australian Cricket Season 2020-21

Pushka

Veteran Member
Solutions
Well that’s 2 wins and 2 Canberra losses.... both batting second without Warner .....
Did you hear the mumbled 'threat' yesterday that Prof Spurrier was talking about people having to wear masks at the cricket? My thought, have a glass permanently welded in your hand as you can't wear one while drinking.

TheRealTMA

Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Heavans. Forgive me for shouting the abusing words at the screen.

Post automatically merged:

Did you hear the mumbled 'threat' yesterday that Prof Spurrier was talking about people having to wear masks at the cricket? My thought, have a glass permanently welded in your hand as you can't wear one while drinking.
Can one wipe the ball with the mask then?

Pushka

Veteran Member
Solutions
Heavans. Forgive me for shouting the abusing words at the screen.

Can one wipe the ball with the mask then?
That is classic BBL stuff. Junk game.
I think Prof Spurrier has been silenced a little these days. No more mask comments.

OZDUCK

Established Member
I have never seen Will Pucovski bat but while he is apparently very talented he is having terrible problems with concussion. For those who have seen extensive coverage of him is their some flaw in his batting style that makes him more susceptible to being hit in the head? Or is it a combination of bowlers knowing that he has problems with the short-ball and that he lacks confidence in dealing with them?

Pushka

Veteran Member
Solutions
I have never seen Will Pucovski bat but while he is apparently very talented he is having terrible problems with concussion. For those who have seen extensive coverage of him is their some flaw in his batting style that makes him more susceptible to being hit in the head? Or is it a combination of bowlers knowing that he has problems with the short-ball and that he lacks confidence in dealing with them?
I think there are many factors at play here.

Pushka

Veteran Member
Solutions
This is not strictly Cricket 20-21 but a fascinating and sad story. The cap is up for auction because the person who owns it, is currently in jail and he has to make reparation for his crimes to his victims.

I met Sir Don a few times, as my Great Aunts were friends of his, from cricket days in Sydney and then Adelaide, we grew up with stories of how he interacted with my family on my mother's side. We have a couple of letters from him to us. He gave us a signed book of his autobiography with a personal letter. Needless to say they are locked away.

Last edited:
The Qantas Premier Platinum Card delivers up to 100k Qantas Points, 75 bonus Status Credits, complimentary lounge invitations and travel insurance. All this with a reduced first-year annual fee of $199.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

CaptJCool

Established Member
Apparently $7 million vanished... short of a miracle it’ll make perhaps $2 million

Pushka

Veteran Member
Solutions
Apparently $7 million vanished... short of a miracle it’ll make perhaps $2 million
It's a really sad tale isn't it, for everyone. I guess if it was my money vanished I wouldn't have sympathy for him. I heard some 'expert' - maybe Chappelli 😂 say he didn't think it would go for a million but less.

CaptJCool

Established Member
It's a really sad tale isn't it, for everyone. I guess if it was my money vanished I wouldn't have sympathy for him. I heard some 'expert' - maybe Chappelli 😂 say he didn't think it would go for a million but less.
Yes, the discussion suggests it will sell for less than Warnies.

however, should there be a white knight who knows, as the 40 creditors owed $7 million stand in line behind the Govt 7% and the bankruptcy trustee.... sighs

you can follow along online at Don Bradman's Baggy Green I Pickles.
closes on first day of the first Test 17 Dec

drron

Veteran Member
Solutions
Still under 400K.
Mrsdrron's father played alongside Don Bradman in the Sydney competition.His photos of the time are in the Bowral Bradman museum.

Major

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Platinum
So far I am impressed with Cameron Green. I think he has a bright future

CaptJCool

Established Member
Stumps 6/233

the first over chop on and Kohlis run out were diabolically bad... thinks India is 50-80 runs short for the day but only about 20 minutes of evening “swing”....

3AB51853-4B20-468D-8547-4823EF6A21DF.jpeg 5E6C1F20-406F-4814-A5D3-A61823D3A685.jpeg 5FC616DC-B04B-4CD7-89E4-FBB5C7103E26.jpeg

Pushka

Veteran Member
Solutions

CaptJCool

Established Member
You were nearby to family. MrP spoke to friend who is on the AO committee and most members only received one day allocation for the first three days.

View attachment 235956
Ace !

wow this is one lottery I’m grateful to substantially win above the average..... bravo for me

The Bradman cap result

Pushka

Veteran Member
Solutions
Ace !

wow this is one lottery I’m grateful to substantially win above the average..... bravo for me

The Bradman cap result

MrP said the current arrangements are like flying in Business Class. 😂

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cathk