Attempting to cancel ANZ Plat card but not being offered pro-rata refund on fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistado

Intern
Hi Guys,

Currently attempting to cancel ANZ Plat card but not being offered pro-rata refund on fee.. Any advice ..Or is it entirely up to the banks..?

Tks

Pretty standard these days I suspect - if the fee isn't on the statement for the month you're cancelling in you're unlikely to get a refund.

Has anyone been able to get an interest free balance transfer for the anz platnium card? Only keep the card for the travel insurance and the free balance transfer, but with cba offering better/more convenient travel insurance, l am tempted to cancel this card if l cant get a new BT

Have a look at what the terms and conditions say.

Seriously guys, when you signed up you knew there was an annual fee.

The banks do occasionally refund but in my opinion they are under no obligation to.

Seriously guys, when you signed up you knew there was an annual fee.

The banks do occasionally refund but in my opinion they are under no obligation to.
I think it's more a case of, if I cancel one month into the new year, can I get an 11 month fee refund?

I think it's more a case of, if I cancel one month into the new year, can I get an 11 month fee refund?

If you are cancelling 1 month in, it's pretty clear that the benefit you were after is the 50k sign on bonus, and you have received 100% of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back