Are shopping vouchers eligible spend for bonus points?

Withnail & I

Most cards with introductory bonus points require a minimum “eligible” spend within a few months. The terms and conditions usually exclude spending on things like government fees. If I am approaching the end of the “spend period” and need to quickly get to the minimum spend, can I buy Coles Vouchers or similar? That way I would meet the eligible spend on time and would spend the vouchers later at my convenience. The terms and conditions never seem to exclude this.

Most cards with introductory bonus points require a minimum “eligible” spend within a few months. The terms and conditions usually exclude spending on things like government fees. If I am approaching the end of the “spend period” and need to quickly get to the minimum spend, can I buy Coles Vouchers or similar? That way I would meet the eligible spend on time and would spend the vouchers later at my convenience. The terms and conditions never seem to exclude this.
Any gift card should be fine. You'd be better off buying them online using the discounts (eg. 5% at Woolworths) that are usually available.

Back