APEC Business Travel Card | Page 14 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

APEC Business Travel Card

seanQLD

Intern
I don't think the card has as much pull as you think it does.
I don't think it has "pull". I just think it is one-item of many, all taken together, strengthen the case to show that the (proposed) travel is for business... and jobs are at stake. The longer travel is prevented the more jobs will disappear. Business travel is fundamentally different to leisure travel. And should be treated differently. That's all.

seanQLD

Intern
Also.... some countries (e.g. Philippines ) have cancelled ALL "VISA-FREE entry". Without ABTC card, or some other explicit visa, that's what I would be using....
So instead of relying on "VISA FREE" to go there, now with the ABTC card, I have an explicit visa. I anticipate that each of these small steps will help, though none on its own is a silver bullet. YMMV. ;)

seanQLD

Intern
Not much to report on my end, since my last post, 11 days ago, I have gained Mexico. Still no sign of Indo or Vietnam for my interim card!

Australia
Chile
China
Hong Kong, China
Mexico
New Zealand
Peru
Philippines
Russia
Singapore
Thailand
I now have:

Australia
Chile
China
Hong Kong, China
Mexico
New Zealand
Peru
Philippines
Russia
Singapore
Thailand

Still no sign of the Iterim Card , even though they email me on 03 June to say it was on its way...

seanQLD

Intern
Chinese Taipei ADDED about a week ago...
Seems very slow going now (have 12 approved) waiting on the slow ones now.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poh