ANZ Visa/Amex- 10K QFF and no annual fee for the first year

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is: What does "new customer" stand for? new customer to ANZ? or new customer to ANZ's credit card? Anyone knows?

=====================
No annual fee for the first year[SUP]1[/SUP]
.[SUP]
1[/SUP] New applicants only. The 10,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer points and $0 Total Annual Fee waived for the first year offer applies only once per new ANZ Frequent Flyer account. You must apply, be approved and activate your card by 31 May 2013 to be eligible. This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offers or promotions or when you transfer and close other ANZ credit card accounts. Your application must be approved and you must activate the card and make your first eligible purchase (excluding cash, cash equivalent transactions and balance transfers) within ninety days of approval to receive the Bonus Qantas Frequent Flyer points, which will be credited to your account within three months of your first eligible purchase. ANZ will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever resulting from a delay in the process of receiving and/or approving an application or activating the card. This points information applies to new customers only. Existing customers may be subject to a different points earn rate on both their ANZ Frequent Flyer American Express card and/or ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa card. Existing customers should call13 22 73 for information regarding the points earn rate that applies to their account. Following the initial waiver, for ANZ Frequent Flyer a Total Annual Fee of $95 applies which includes a $40 Annual Account Fee and a $55 Rewards Program Services Fee. For additional cardholders an Additional Cardholder Fee of $10 and Rewards Program Services Fee of $55 apply per additional cardholder on the account. The Total Annual Fee information displayed on this page applies to new customers. Existing customers may be subject to a different Total Annual Fee and should call 13 22 73 for information regarding their Total Annual Fee that applies to their account.

I would assume this means an application for new credit, whether or not you are already an existing ANZ customer, or currently have or have had in the past another ANZ credit card.

These types of sign-on bonuses usually excludes customers who "switch" or transfer their existing credit card over to the product in question. Eg. switch an existing ANZ Low Rate card to the ANZ Frequent Flyer card.

So there's usually bonuses to attract new members but not much love for the existing ones unfortunately...

10k isn't that much either, pity its not more like 16k-20k like it used to be... The big banks must be really feeling the pinch and not be able to afford such largesse!!![/sarcasm]

And so it begins......

Good, was expecting it to ramp up a lot coming in towards end of financial year.

I will pass on this as it would add very little value to me personally, given I already have a 1:1 amex and a $1:0.5 Mastercard.

I am optimistic that I'll be able to pick up a $1:1 mastercard or Visa with bonus points and first year free in the next couple of months tho

We've actually seen 20K points on the ANZ Classic card + 40K points on the Platinum card - the offers went live yesterday. Those offers don't include annual fee waivers however - interesting that the offer you mentioned is on a slightly different URL. Where did you see this 10K points offer? I'm going to speak to my contact and try and find out what they're up to.

10000 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points
ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Credit Cards | ANZ

These are two separate campaigns judging by the fact that there are different source codes for the application.

Before applying, you would have to ask whether you value 10k points at more than $95 which is 0.95 cents/point. If you plan on using your points for premium cabins then I'm sure many people would say yes.

PS - @tommauger - you have linked to an expired 10k points offer.

PS - @tommauger - you have linked to an expired 10k points offer.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Flagged it with their web team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back