ANZ QFF Black 75,000 bonus with no annual fee 1st year -only $2500 spend 1st 3 months | Page 48 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

ANZ QFF Black 75,000 bonus with no annual fee 1st year -only $2500 spend 1st 3 months

Kangol

Established Member
AFF Supporter
how come? If you have one leg in F, and then the rest in J, you have to pay the full 420k which sux, but you can virtually do a RTW trip and visit a heap fo countries
Agree with the rules, however the point of it is to book F for the long hauls, not J.
Depending on your routing, you can get an F segment for no extra points cost (more or less) compared to booking segments separately. This is before you consider domestic J connections. Great value if you know what to book, which is great value nonetheless.

For discussion, see here:
Wiki - "oneworld" award (140K/280K/420K) Planning - The Definitive Thread

ragingsheep

Intern
Anyone experience delays in getting their bonus points once they made the spend criteria?

I sort of remember that they were very diligent about it when I previously held the card 3 yrs ago.

Kangol

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Looking at options, the no first year annual fee offer has been off the table for some time now.

They are either:
- Public site:
100k bonus QFF points and $200 credit when you spend $4k within 3 months of approval. Annual fee is $425.

"Offer available to new and approved applicants who apply for an ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card account. This is a limited time only offer which may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card. Not available where you currently hold an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card, or have closed, or qualified for bonus Qantas Points or a credit back on, any of those ANZ Frequent Flyer credit cards within the previous 12 months. Your application must be approved and you must activate the card and make $4,000 worth of eligible purchases within three months of approval to receive the bonus Qantas Points and to have the $200 credited to your account. Eligible purchase means purchases which are eligible to earn Points. Purchases which are not eligible to earn Points are described in the ANZ Frequent Flyer Reward Terms and Conditions (PDF 1.67MB), for example fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, balance transfers, and transactions for gambling or gaming purposes will not earn Points. The bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your Qantas account,and the $200 will be credited to your credit card account within three months of the eligible spend criteria being met. The $200 credit will be applied to the purchases balance and does not constitute a payment under your contract with ANZ. If you transfer or cancel your new ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card account before the introductory bonus Qantas Points and $200 credit are processed to your account, you may become ineligible for this offer. If any repayments are overdue before the $200 and bonus Qantas Points are processed to your account, you will be ineligible for this offer until any overdue Minimum Monthly Repayment and amounts shown on your statement as being immediately payable have been paid. ANZ will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever resulting from a delay in the process of receiving and/or approving an application or activating the card. "

- Internet banking offer:
75k bonus QFF points and $200 credit when you make one eligible purchase within 3 months of approval. Annual fee is $425.

"Offer available to new and approved applicants who apply for an ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card account. This is a limited time only offer which may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions, or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card. Not available where you currently hold an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card, or have closed, or qualified for bonus Qantas Points or a credit back on, any of those ANZ Frequent Flyer credit cards within the previous 12 months. Your application must be approved and you must activate the card and make one eligible purchase within 3 months of approval to receive the bonus Qantas Points and to have $200 credited to your account. Transactions which do not qualify as a purchase are described in the ANZ Credit Cards Conditions of Use (PDF 468kB), for example fees, cash, cash equivalent transactions, balance transfers and transactions for gambling or gaming will not qualify. The bonus Qantas Points will be credited to your Qantas account, and the $200 will be credited to your credit card account within 3 months of your first eligible purchase. The $200 credit will be applied to the purchases balance and does not constitute a payment under your contract with ANZ. If you transfer or cancel your new ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card account before the $200 credit and bonus Qantas Points are processed to your account, you may become ineligible for this offer. If any repayments are overdue before the $200 and bonus Qantas Points are processed to your account, you will be ineligible for this offer until any overdue Minimum Monthly Repayment and amounts shown on your statement as being immediately payable have been paid. ANZ will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever resulting from a delay in the process of receiving and/or approving an application or activating the card. "

Slight change to the terms (underlined) from what I gather. Don't know why they added the extra part, but my guess is that people might have opened a card, met the spend requirements, closed the card - bringing the 12 month anniversary forward, then campaigned successfully for the bonus points allowing them to apply sooner for the next card.

Has anyone applied recently?

tizey

I'm a month into the FF black - 100k points for net $225 fee ($425 less $200 rebate).

Minimum spend hit on first month, 7k QF points credited to account for spend, but no bonus yet. Hopefully over the next few months it hits.

GSP

I'm a month into the FF black - 100k points for net $225 fee ($425 less $200 rebate).

Minimum spend hit on first month, 7k QF points credited to account for spend, but no bonus yet. Hopefully over the next few months it hits.
When did you get the $200 rebate. By the time I got my card I only had 2 weeks to go in the statement period (not sure why they didn't give me a full month) and didn't hit the minimum spend but got hit with the $370+$55 fee on the last day of the statement period (19/8). I've now hit minimum spend with out bonus points or rebate, but assuming both should come at statement period time (mid Sep).

tizey

Haven't got it as yet either. Reading the T&C's I expect it will show up same time as the QF bonus.

Lemon_Party

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
I hit min spend partway through month 2. $200 credit received within a few days of making that spend. I'm a few days away from second statement arriving, so only got a few thousand points from first statement so far.

tizey

$200 rebate showed up midway through second statement period. Am expecting QF bonus to git when this statement is issued.

tizey

Further to this, I can now see under 'Reward Points' that my 100k has been earned this period. Fully expecting when statement hits in the new month.

Kangol

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I hit min spend partway through month 2. $200 credit received within a few days of making that spend. I'm a few days away from second statement arriving, so only got a few thousand points from first statement so far.
This is the same experience I've had, although under "reward points" in internet banking, there is no sign of the bonus - just ordinary spend.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you're new to the world of frequent flyer points - or moving to a new country - it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the consider ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter B Simpson