ANZ Platinum insurance: what policy number to quote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgichard

This may have been covered before but I couldn't find anything on an open thread.

It's time I made sure of travel insurance for my 5-week trip next year, as I've had to place a small deposit on one segment. The tour companies ask for details of travel insurance - issuer, policy number and emergency contact number. Where will I find these if I rely on the QBE Master policy that would cover my travel as an ANZ Rewards Platinum cardholder?

So far I have only used frequent flyer points for the my main return flight as that has a definite date. Am waiting on confirmation that the first tour I want to make is definitely going ahead before I make my outward bookings. So I am not yet eligible for the insurance as no related expenditure has yet gone on the card. [The deposit mentioned above was paid with a UK debit card.]

Once I have confirmation of that first tour I shall be booking *A flights and charging them to the Platinum card, but how will I then know the details the tour companies ask for?

These details are normally found in the PDS for CC insurance. Either on the front cover or first few pages, or right up towards the back.

I know the issuer is QBE so I'll look at the PDS for the contact and emergency numbers. But what about the policy number? For a claim I suppose the card number is a sufficient identifier, but I wouldn't want to quote that on the booking form for a tour company, especially as I may well use a different credit card to pay for a UK-origin tour charged in £ sterling.

Thanks, Tranga - but do you think that number is specific to you? Don't you think it more likely that every cardholder would be given a different number? In either case, I'll be interested to learn in due course how well and promptly your claim is dealt with.

Thanks, Tranga - but do you think that number is specific to you? Don't you think it more likely that every cardholder would be given a different number? In either case, I'll be interested to learn in due course how well and promptly your claim is dealt with.

The policy numbers are not specific. I checked the ANZ pds and there is no number there, but IIRC my Citi and Amex cards have the number in the PDS.

This is, obviously, only for CC issued insurance.

Nope...not specific. I am interested too in how promptly it will be dealt with. We'll see how it goes... I'll let you know.

In my limited experience I just write 'Credit Card Travel Insurance - QBE' or whoever policy is with and tour operators have never said anything

We had an interesting experience with the QBE insurance which I've posted in the ANZ Rewards Card pros/cons thread.

Well after a few rounds of back and forth with QBE with additional information and forms requested, they paid my claim minus the $250 excess. Wooohoooo!!

Happy with that, and I'll be sticking with the ANZ credit card for their insurance.

Well after a few rounds of back and forth with QBE with additional information and forms requested, they paid my claim minus the $250 excess. Wooohoooo!!

Happy with that, and I'll be sticking with the ANZ credit card for their insurance.

Good to hear. I'm glad your patience was rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back