ANZ Platinum FF Points being capped??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejr

Hi Guys,

Received a letter last week to say from 3rd Oct you can earn Qantas Points on purchases up to $6,000 per statement for Visa and the same for Amex

Therefore the total points earned possible for the whole year is 144,000

If I am reading correctly that just means they are now capping the points?! (hugely)

Not sure if it is just me or whether others are receiving the letters?

Any comments would be good - as my points earn is usually 20-30k per month so I guess I will just reduce the limit on these and increase the one on my CBA Diamond....

M

There were reports of this in the ANZ FF card promo thread. The Basic card appears to have been capped at $3k per month while the Black is still uncapped.

I haven't received the letter yet but I'm expecting to get it soon.

If ANZ want to cap the FF cards at such a low number I might as well go back to NAB who cap their points earn at $100k per month and have a lower annual fee.

Hi Guys,

Received a letter last week to say from 3rd Oct you can earn Qantas Points on purchases up to $6,000 per statement for Visa and the same for Amex

Therefore the total points earned possible for the whole year is 144,000

If I am reading correctly that just means they are now capping the points?! (hugely)

Not sure if it is just me or whether others are receiving the letters?

Any comments would be good - as my points earn is usually 20-30k per month so I guess I will just reduce the limit on these and increase the one on my CBA Diamond....

M

Yes. It's been discussed over on the ANZ 50K bonus thread......Black remains uncapped. The base card is capped at half the Plat $.

FWIW the CBA Dia is capped at 1,000,000 points or 500,000 QFFP per annum.

Well hopefully I get an invite to Black without the stupid annual fees.

CBA Diamond's limit should be ok combined with ANZ Plat for this year but next year will be limiting with the 6k p/m - not worth having!

I have not received the letter. When's the start date for the capping ? Surely they have to give notice ?

I have not received the letter. When's the start date for the capping ? Surely they have to give notice ?

According to the other thread, new applicants between 1 April and 23 September will not have points capped until next year.

Received this "hot off: an ANZ printer.

View attachment 34745

Notice that it says "notified monthly spend" could that mean that this amount differs between customers depending on perhaps their spending history and credit limit, etc ?
I might have to cancel or get the Black card instead.

Does the Black card offer enhanced earn rates compared to the 0.5 on Visa and 1.5 on Amex that the Plat offers ?
And what is the annual fee ?

Notice that it says "notified monthly spend" could that mean that this amount differs between customers depending on perhaps their spending history and credit limit, etc ?
I might have to cancel or get the Black card instead.

Does the Black card offer enhanced earn rates compared to the 0.5 on Visa and 1.5 on Amex that the Plat offers ?
And what is the annual fee ?

I think notified means;

Base $3k for Visa & Amex = $6k per month

Plat $6k ^^^^^^ = $12k per month

Black - Visa earns 0.75

Just got my letter.

Though, I'm a student, and don't spend anywhere near enough on my card to be affected by the cap. In any case, I'm leaving ANZ CCs because they wouldn't give it to me fee free for another year, so, I guess back to whoever will give me a fee free credit card with points, I guess? Even if it's CBA's basic rewards card which is absolute cough with regards to the redemption rate, but if they're giving it to me for free, I really cannot complain.

I've had my platinum ff card for about 8 years on the same earn rates (although it didn't have an amex to begin with - they added that feature some time later).

I will be mightily pissed off if/when they pull this stunt on me. Will have to try and get an upgrade to the black for the same price I reckon...

I recieved my letter yesterday.... and you can see the steam coming from my ears I am that angry...

I am a Gold Card Holder (grandfathered card- no longer offered) and have been a loyal ANZ card holder for 10 years always high spend each month... the letter said they were capping my Visa at $2000 spend and my Amex at $2000 spend... which is LESS THAN CLASSIC TODAY! ($3000 on each card), BUT they also REDUCED my earn rate on my Visa from 1 point/Per $1 to 0.5 points....

WHAT A JOKE!!! ANZ have no LOYALTY what so ever.... Poor Form ANZ, way to treat your long term loyal customers..

for all those who are in the same boat as me... go to qantas .com/cards to go to the card selector (which is fantastic!)

I am cancelling the ANZ card and going to a Credit Union (BankMECU or Qantas CU) cards who have 1Point per $1 dollar (uncapped) at a low annual fee and I know they wont screw me over like a big bank...

I recieved my letter yesterday.... and you can see the steam coming from my ears I am that angry...

I am a Gold Card Holder (grandfathered card- no longer offered) and have been a loyal ANZ card holder for 10 years always high spend each month... the letter said they were capping my Visa at $2000 spend and my Amex at $2000 spend... which is LESS THAN CLASSIC TODAY! ($3000 on each card), BUT they also REDUCED my earn rate on my Visa from 1 point/Per $1 to 0.5 points....

WHAT A JOKE!!! ANZ have no LOYALTY what so ever.... Poor Form ANZ, way to treat your long term loyal customers..

for all those who are in the same boat as me... go to qantas .com/cards to go to the card selector (which is fantastic!)

I am cancelling the ANZ card and going to a Credit Union (BankMECU or Qantas CU) cards who have 1Point per $1 dollar (uncapped) at a low annual fee and I know they wont screw me over like a big bank...

StuW, did ANZ increase / retain your QFF points earn with the AMEX card? I agree, a $2000 cap is pretty low. Cannot see how this would still allow you to earn 144K points in a year.

StuW, did ANZ increase / retain your QFF points earn with the AMEX card? I agree, a $2000 cap is pretty low. Cannot see how this would still allow you to earn 144K points in a year.

Its 0.5 on Visa and 1.25 on Amex = so Max is 42K per year... I spend way over that...

Its not worth keeping .25 extra point for the ANZ annual fee and Amex doesnt work everywhere and I would need a separate Visa card (with a separate Annual fee) to get a 1 point per $1... easier to get a low annual fee visa uncapped...

Its the last straw for me.... 5 years ago they dropped my Amex points on my gold card from 1.5 to 1.25...

I have a plat card for 5 years now, but somehow i haven't received notification letter yet...anyone in a similar situation???

I have a plat card for 5 years now, but somehow i haven't received notification letter yet...anyone in a similar situation???

Yeh, had it for about four years, and yes the same as you, I am yet to receive notification. Just hoping I get awarded the 20k+ QFF points which I am supposed to get in this current billing period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back