ANZ Platinum Card Travel Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterbottrell

Hello!
Has anyone done a comparison of this insurance policy with that offered by Cover-More? Or, is there a web page which has done this comparison?
Cover-More is offering me cover at a cost of $1666, whereas the ANZ policy appears to give me much the same cover for a $250 spend on travel.

Comments and advice will be appreciated.

Hello!
Has anyone done a comparison of this insurance policy with that offered by Cover-More? Or, is there a web page which has done this comparison?
Cover-More is offering me cover at a cost of $1666, whereas the ANZ policy appears to give me much the same cover for a $250 spend on travel.

Hi peterbottrell,

Welcome to AFF. :D

A lot of this will depend upon what you are after from your travel insurance. This has been done to death around here a few times lately so I suggest you look at the following

You should get insurance a LOT cheaper than the $1666 you mention above.

Several options are:

1. Look up Travel Insurance in the search criteria.
  2. Become a gold AFF member and get a 20% discount through Columbus. Not the best policy for some but certainly adequate for some. (approx $343.20 for 12 months for two people or $431.20 for two adults and three kids)
  3. Get a good credit card and pay for the tickets with the card and use the free insurance associated. AMEX Platinum card comes to mind and there is some comment on that at the end of the AFF gathering in Melb thread.
  4. Google some options

Hello!

Seems to me that to get such a price, you either have multiple people on the insurance or are wanting it for an extended length of time overseas.

Annual policies are cheaper, but have limits on how long you can be away on any individual trip. I have not read the ANZ policy, but would guess it also has a limit on the length of a single trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back