ANZ Amex card now with Chip & Pin and Contactless

Status
Not open for further replies.

anchew

Waiting for me in my letter box today was a new ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum Amex with a chip & pin and contactless. Yay finally!

But there's one downside - they've dropped the word 'Platinum' from the card :rolleyes:

Waiting for me in my letter box today was a new ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum Amex with a chip & pin and contactless. Yay finally!

But there's one downside - they've dropped the word 'Platinum' from the card :rolleyes:

Was your old card about to expire, or are they sending replacement cards to everybody?

Mass mail out to everybody over a period of time direct from Amex.

Not quite... ANZ cards are issued by ANZ and that is who sent these cards.

They were sent to everyone and introduce chip, pin and contactless features.

Interestingly, many of the ANZ terminals have yet to be updated so the Chip and the contactless don't work (but does work with other terminals like woolworths)

Westpac Amex cards have had PIN's for more than a year! Wish they'd hurry up with Chip Amex cards!

Yeah received mine too, no Plat on it but who cares as long as I keep getting 1.5 QFF points per $ spent at many placed I'm happy. Nice to have a Chip and pin now for ANZ Amex.

Info came from ANZ as partner received card and I didn't.I was trying to check if mine was missing or still to be sent out.

I got a new card, but the chip and pay pass doesn't work anywhere. They are sending me a new one.

Coles and woolworths are the best test - almost all other terminals will accept Amex cards (assuming the store does) but many have not had their software updated to accept Amex chips let along pay pass...

My mum is having this same issue with her ANZ Amex Chip Card. She has used it at Coles, Woolies, Suzanne etc. Not once has she been able to use a pin successfully at all those places. She received the chip cards very recently. The paywave on the Amex seems to work at Coles and Woolies but not the chip. I suspect an issue with the chips (not with the terminals) as she has used an Amex issued chip card with no issues at those places before.

I've had a reissue of ANZ Plat cards and I'm finding the lucky dip of contactless, swipe or inserting the card to be rather annoying.

I've had a reissue of ANZ Plat cards and I'm finding the lucky dip of contactless, swipe or inserting the card to be rather annoying.

Is the card working much better after the reissue?

I've had mine issued and isn't accepted at any expressway tolls in France or Italy or train ticket machines. Also some hotels. It's annoying and embarrassing.

I've had mine issued and isn't accepted at any expressway tolls in France or Italy or train ticket machines. Also some hotels. It's annoying and embarrassing.

So my mum finally had her ANZ Amex chip cards reissued and they don't work in the same places she visited before with the issues. And one of the places she went to had an ANZ terminal which declined her ANZ Amex chip card.

So my mum finally had her ANZ Amex chip cards reissued and they don't work in the same places she visited before with the issues. And one of the places she went to had an ANZ terminal which declined her ANZ Amex chip card.

Usually these terminals won't 'decline' a transaction but since they can't handle the chip (but know it's there) you have to insert the chip (and be told it doesn't read it) then you swipe the card and sign or enter your pin.

Bit annoying but you shouldn't be declined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back