ANZ 10,000 Bonus Points Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tassiedude

Intern
Just wondering is there any catches e.g. you must make the 1st spend on Qantas services to get the 10,000 bonus points anyting like that?

Also whats the chance of getting approved i'ver been in casual employment for 2.5 months bringing in 600-750 a week (NET AFTER TAX) 800-900 (GROSS)

Tassiedude.

Hi,

I just signed up the other day and from what I could gather from the ANZ consultant, the only catch is that you have to be approved by the 30th of November and make a purchase before 31 December. I'm 99% sure it is any type of purchase.

You shouldn't have any trouble getting the card, you'll just have to work out which one you'll be eligible for, i.e. Standard, Gold or Platinum.

Well one catch is that you have to pay..

Annual fee consists of $40 Annual Account Fee (plus $10 for each additional card) and a $55 Rewards Program Services Fee per card issued under your account.

So to get the 10,000 points you must pay $95.

So it depends on how you value points...and for everyone this is different.

It is cheaper than buying points off QANTAs and so if you are just short of an award is agood deal.

Some people value points at about 1 cent each...others at up to 4c for business upgrades/redemptions.

I should mention I have ad 2 $300 Credit Card Applications denied in 2004 & 2005 respectivly would this have any impact on my application?

lovetravellingoz said:
Well one catch is that you have to pay..

Annual fee consists of $40 Annual Account Fee (plus $10 for each additional card) and a $55 Rewards Program Services Fee per card issued under your account.

So to get the 10,000 points you must pay $95.

So it depends on how you value points...and for everyone this is different.

I signed up for this card when the offer was 12000 points back in July. Only did it for the points and i considered $95 reasonable for them. Never intended to keep the card and after using it about twice rang today to cancel, told them i didn't want it because i got a better deal elsewhere (earth+) and the customer service person offerered to refund the $95 fee to my account and close the card for me. She said "you've hardly used it so we'll give you the fee back". 12000 points = $0. With the 2500 points off award seats atm i could get a free MEL-SYD/ADL/CBR flight paying taxes with points too. Thats as close to a free lunch as i've come I think!

turbo said:
I signed up for this card when the offer was 12000 points back in July. Only did it for the points and i considered $95 reasonable for them. Never intended to keep the card and after using it about twice rang today to cancel, told them i didn't want it because i got a better deal elsewhere (earth+) and the customer service person offerered to refund the $95 fee to my account and close the card for me. She said "you've hardly used it so we'll give you the fee back". 12000 points = $0. With the 2500 points off award seats atm i could get a free MEL-SYD/ADL/CBR flight paying taxes with points too. Thats as close to a free lunch as i've come I think!

I wonder if she still works there... did you get her name????

No sorry. Extremely friendly and helpful though. Almost made me think about staying with them (ANZ) and I guess thats the aim but the products still not in the race. Probably worth a shot though if your in a similar position.

tassiedude said:
I should mention I have ad 2 $300 Credit Card Applications denied in 2004 & 2005 respectivly would this have any impact on my application?

This question I think is impossible to answer, Whether you are approved or not seems to be some kind of black art.. I'm sure some banks through the CHI dice to see what (if any) credit limit you should get.

Was an interesting item in the SMH Column 8 a couple of years ago where a gu applied for a credit limit increase was knocked back, when he came home the next day the "computer" had decided to give him an offer for an increase anyway..

bambbbam2 said:
Was an interesting item in the SMH Column 8 a couple of years ago where a gu applied for a credit limit increase was knocked back, when he came home the next day the "computer" had decided to give him an offer for an increase anyway..

Oh, that's happened to me. Not the next day, mind, but within a couple of weeks. No change in circumstances etc.:confused:

Ok I signed up for this offer howver points have not been posted to my account

Now do I need to contact ANZ or Qantas FF to chase up the points?

Regards,

Tassiedude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back