Anyone using Qantas Direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowYeti

Looks like yesterday they switched my MR to Qantas Direct. Still seeing 1.5 points per dollar though. I enrolled in that "1 point for every $2", so I thought it would be 1.25 + 0.50 = 1.75 for every dollar.... ? :confused:

As far as I am aware the 1 bonus point for every $2 spend promotion was only for Amex cards linked to MR.

Did you request to have your Amex card changed to Qantas direct sweep?

Yep I did, and they said I would still get it, bah I'm sure they don't know what they are on about, if it is for MR cards only then...

I'm with qantas direct too. I'm currently getting 1.5 points / $1.

Now add on the promotion it should be 2 points / $1, but nothing :(

Can anyone else or go into the rewards page with the points breakdown? I used to be able to, but now with Qantas direct... I can't see how much i'm earning per transaction.

I'm with qantas direct too. I'm currently getting 1.5 points / $1.

Now add on the promotion it should be 2 points / $1, but nothing :(

Can anyone else or go into the rewards page with the points breakdown? I used to be able to, but now with Qantas direct... I can't see how much i'm earning per transaction.

Hey Howy

You can, it's just not there. Interesting, the page also shows "New Ascent", whatever that is. I know that they removed our direct link on 2 April.

So login to your account, then up the top click Membership Rewards & Benefits, then under it, just click Membership Rewards then on the left click Login, Redeem or Transfer Points.

Or just go to https://www.mronline.americanexpress.com/Mronline/FrontServlet?request_type=getTransactions and login and it'll be listed.

awesome... it works.

I don't understand why they removed the link to begin with, makes life that much harder for us.

Any update howy, did you get your bonus points?

Hey SnowYeti, nope.

I'm on the Gold Amex (Professional Association with the promotion of spend > $10k pa and get 1.5 points / $1) but i also registered for the 1 point / $2 promotion...

So effectively, I should be getting 2 points / $1 but still nothing :(

I use Qantus Direct. You can access the rewards statement by going to the Account Services Tab under Your Account. Under Statement History you can see your rewards statement with details.

I am getting the 1.25 normal and the accelerator for another half a point per $1 spend.

They haven't transfered any balances though so I'll be interested to see when that happens.

I use Qantus Direct. You can access the rewards statement by going to the Account Services Tab under Your Account. Under Statement History you can see your rewards statement with details.

I am getting the 1.25 normal and the accelerator for another half a point per $1 spend.

They haven't transfered any balances though so I'll be interested to see when that happens.

hmmm...

i'm kinda confused now, so with the 1 point / $2 promotion, they don't give us the bonus points until after the month or something?

i'm kinda confused now, so with the 1 point / $2 promotion, they don't give us the bonus points until after the month or something?
As far as I am aware Qantas branded Amex cards were not included as part of the spend $2 get 1 bonus point promotion running from April-June.

I am almost certain this promotion was put in place to discourage people from transferring to direct sweep Qantas cards by March 31. I may well be wrong....

hmmm...

I'm getting the normal points (1 for 1) plus bonus (extra .25) plus accelerator (additional .5) when it goes on my account. Check out the Amex rewards statement. My card is a Professional branded Platinum, I don't know if that makes a difference.

Isn't the accelerator promotion, happens with certain types of cards for a limited time, and the spend $2 get 1 bonus point promotion, runs from April-June for MR accounts only, 2 totally different promotions?

Isn't the accelerator promotion, happens with certain types of cards for a limited time, and the spend $2 get 1 bonus point promotion, runs from April-June for MR accounts only, 2 totally different promotions?

The identification on the Rewards Statement is Accelerator, but the only thing I signed up for was the 1 point for $2 spend that only goes from April-June. When I signed on for this I had already indicated that I was going to Qantas Direct. Not sure if there is another program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back