anyone paid PEXA and earnt points?

daft009

Established Member
Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Silver
So I'm buying a new property and the lawyer wants to use PEXA and EFT the funds over.
thinking if I can use a payment processor to earn points??

only BSB/ACC offered and it says only EFT deposits are allowed

EDIT: tried to sign up to pay.com.au but will take a few days to get approved.. don't have enough time :(

Last edited:
ive done something similar, but used my conveyancers trust account bsb and acc details to pay into their account via yakpay. from memory I dont remember it taking too long to get signed up with them.

going to be tough due to the tight timelines :(

will see if i can get points on some of it though

I did get the points on 100% of the stamp duty! :D

already setup with yakpay so gonna try that tomrrow (once funds arrived into the CC overnight).
pay.com.au is cheaper for this large transaction so was going to be worth it but wont be setup in time :(

Last edited:
going to be tough due to the tight timelines :(

will see if i can get points on some of it though

I did get the points on 100% of the stamp duty! :D

already setup with yakpay so gonna try that tomrrow (once funds arrived into the CC overnight).
pay.com.au is cheaper for this large transaction so was going to be worth it but wont be setup in time :(
now that I think back Yakpay flagged it as a unusual large transaction, but I just had to send them a copy of the COS and confirmation of the trust account details and they allowed it to go through. only held up for maybe 5-6 hours so was pretty quick all things considered.

I was using a charge card so didnt have issues with needing to preload my card. definitely worked though!

the pay.com.au guys were great.
I was setup this morning and put a payment through.

so I managed to earn points on ~70% of the deposit!

so to close this off & info for others in the future....

it worked fine and the funds arrived into PEXA by COB Friday
settlement is tomorrow and all smooth sailing!

earnt points on the stamp duty too (OSR NSW)

the pay.com.au guys were great.
I was setup this morning and put a payment through.

so I managed to earn points on ~70% of the deposit!
which card did you use and what was the surcharge?

just curious about the stamp duty did you pay via pexa or directly with OSR NSW?

I paid OSR directly using sniip before this whole pexa thing came around but could have used pay.com.au. sniip/bpay categorised it as a personal payment so it was 1.29% including GST

pay.com.au came to 1.9%+gst for amex

Back