Anyone Notice How Rare QR Saver Seats Are Becoming?

dsotm

Active Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2007
Posts
531
Qantas
Qantas Club
Looking for a Europe trip next September/October. Has anyone else noticed how 80K/90K J Saver availability has evaporated? There seems to be a lot of options going to Europe but it’s bleak on the return sectors. For most of the year 90K redemptions are very hard if not impossible to find. I’m hoping this tight supply loosens up soon.
 
Looking for a Europe trip next September/October. Has anyone else noticed how 80K/90K J Saver availability has evaporated? There seems to be a lot of options going to Europe but it’s bleak on the return sectors. For most of the year 90K redemptions are very hard if not impossible to find. I’m hoping this tight supply loosens up soon.
I found that you need to book right on release, they tend to be snapped up fairly quick. I just searched and can see 90k J Savers for pretty much every day to Adelaide in the last week of September but couldn't find anything to Melbourne.

I've definitely noticed more saver awards opening up at the -330 day window when the VA schedule opens. I believe QR converts some of the Flexi awards to Saver if the uptake is low, in turn making them bookable on VA.
 
I found that you need to book right on release, they tend to be snapped up fairly quick. I just searched and can see 90k J Savers for pretty much every day to Adelaide in the last week of September but couldn't find anything to Melbourne.

I've definitely noticed more saver awards opening up at the -330 day window when the VA schedule opens. I believe QR converts some of the Flexi awards to Saver if the uptake is low, in turn making them bookable on VA.
Thanks! That's some great info there. I've been weighing up cancelling my outbound flights MEL-DPS-MXP and reversing them as there is heaps of availability from Europe into SE Asia, but stuff-all to Melbourne. I can get CDG (preferred departure point back to DPS then MEL, but not Melbourne via DOH. I'm halfway between Melbourne and Adelaide so I'll have a look at SA flights.
 
Interesting how there is so much availability to Adelaide but no love for Melbourne. :( I do notice it's a non Qsuites A350-900 from DOH-ADL though.
 
This is likely subject to change. While they're probably planning to use some non-Qsuite aircraft, I expect Qsuites will still be the norm. From their perspective, it's much safer and easier to advertise a standard seat and swap it for a Qsuite later, rather than the other way around.

If they promise a Qsuite upfront, their Qsuite guarantee kicks in, meaning you can demand to be rebooked on another Qsuite flight within 500 miles if there's an equipment swap.
 
Elevate your business spending to first-class rewards! Sign up today with code AFF10 and process over $10,000 in business expenses within your first 30 days to unlock 10,000 Bonus PayRewards Points.
Join 30,000+ savvy business owners who:

✅ Pay suppliers who don’t accept Amex
✅ Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
✅ Earn & transfer PayRewards Points to 10+ airline & hotel partners

Start earning today!
- Pay suppliers who don’t take Amex
- Max out credit card rewards—even on government payments
- Earn & Transfer PayRewards Points to 8+ top airline & hotel partners

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Interesting how there is so much availability to Adelaide but no love for Melbourne. :( I do notice it's a non Qsuites A350-900 from DOH-ADL though.
I live in Melbourne and I've flown Qatar into and out of Australia a few times over the past four years. I've found availability from MEL once, and I've never found availability into MEL.

ADL and BNE have always been much better when I've been searching.
 

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.
Back
Top