Any way to transfer amex points to Qatar Avios?

I see some great deals/availability on Qatar flights right now for redemption in J and was wondering if anyone knew of any way to transfer AMEX points to Qatar Avios as it's currently not a partner for Australian Amex which is disappointing.

Or should I just hold off until Virgin fully launch their partnership whenever that may be and hope there may be a points transfer option similar to VA/Singapore?

I see some great deals/availability on Qatar flights right now for redemption in J and was wondering if anyone knew of any way to transfer AMEX points to Qatar Avios as it's currently not a partner for Australian Amex which is disappointing.

Or should I just hold off until Virgin fully launch their partnership whenever that may be and hope there may be a points transfer option similar to VA/Singapore?
You can via Marriott Bonvoy but significant devaluation along the way

I highly doubt there will ever be a VA to Avios conversion. The KF version was an industry outllier. Presumably will be possible to redeem on QR using VA points at some stage

Other options are redeeming with QF points (if you have Charge) or CX, assuming the QR seats are on general availability rather than confined to QR Privilege members

Can you book using Qantas points?

Can you book using Qantas points?
Maybe because I did the status match with Virgin to Qatar and now platinum there is availability showing right through to mid June 2023 and nothing from Qatar showing up on Qantas and minimum for business Europe to Aus is 900,000+ Unfortunately.

I guess I’ll just have to hold tight to see what there will be with the virgin partnership or go Etihad.

Where do you search redemption availablity? Have been trying without success to book something using AsiaMiles.

Guess it's putting lipstick on it. AMEX are devaluing because they can. Step 1 was making it look like they have a similar points system to the local banks (ie local bank cards "earn">1 point per dollar and so does AMEX now but you need >1 point to redeem where you used to need 1 point). Next step is to devalue so you need 3 points per 1 point in popular programs like KF which they've started with the most popular 1st KF. I reckon the rest are a matter of time.

In relation to the new airlines - we'll see what happens down the track - we'll make the most of it while the opportunity is there :)

Back