Any recent data points on what codes 3x for Plat Edge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

twiningb

Established Member
Purchases of Wish cards online still work.

Previously, Target and Kmart would code as 3x in-store. Is that still true, and/or does it apply to online channels? Annoyingly, Kmart online still doesn't take gift cards.

Old post, but figured would be useful in the future. This is from the AMEX site for platinum edge

Membership Rewards Program. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available here. The following merchants have been classified as major supermarkets: Bi-Lo, Coles, Fishers, Food For Less, Fresh Provisions, Harris Farm Markets, IGA, Macro Wholefoods, Safeway, Supabarn, Thomas Dux, Woolworths. The following merchants have been classified as major petrol stations: Ampol, BP, Caltex Woolworths, Gull, Metro, Peak, Safeway Petrol, Shell, United, Woolworths Petrol, 7 Eleven.
Exceptions may apply if an individual merchant trading as one of the above named retailers does not accept American Express as a form of payment.
Purchases at major supermarket & major petrol station retailers are only eligible for additional points if the transactions are made in Australia.
Certain transactions will earn 2 points per dollar spent, including the use of foreign currency overseas and overseas online payments. Additional points for major supermakets, petrol stations and foreign currency may not apply when you use a payment account, payment aggregator, services of a third party or online retailers that sell goods for another merchant. For example a payment made to a major supermarket processed through a payment aggregator may not earn the additional points.

Purchases of Wish cards online still work.

Previously, Target and Kmart would code as 3x in-store. Is that still true, and/or does it apply to online channels? Annoyingly, Kmart online still doesn't take gift cards.
I have never received 3x at Kmart and I have held the edge card for many years. If you got them in the past I think you were lucky.

I have never received 3x at Kmart and I have held the edge card for many years. If you got them in the past I think you were lucky.
I agree. Pre-Amex devaluation I used to use Coles/Myer giftcards to get round this but the difference between Charge and Edge is now so small I don't bother

It is frustrating that Most Woolworths Caltex locations come through as EG fuel Co which dont get the 3ppd. Additionally these stations are all getting the AMPOL rebrand which isn't listed as major fuel retailer according to Amex. They really need to get on top of changes like this considering Caltex Woolies/AMPOL have such a large market share.

It is frustrating that Most Woolworths Caltex locations come through as EG fuel Co which dont get the 3ppd. Additionally these stations are all getting the AMPOL rebrand which isn't listed as major fuel retailer according to Amex. They really need to get on top of changes like this considering Caltex Woolies/AMPOL have such a large market share.
I use Wish egift cards at Caltex Woolworths, so I've already earned 3x and saved 5%, but I'm still surprised to learn that when paid direct it doesn't code as fuel. I would follow up with Amex.

Also note that the official list as at three months ago (see post #2) enumerates all of: Ampol, Caltex Woolworths, Woolworths Petrol.

• Agree
Reactions: NM
I use Wish egift cards at Caltex Woolworths, so I've already earned 3x and saved 5%, but I'm still surprised to learn that when paid direct it doesn't code as fuel. I would follow up with Amex.

Also note that the official list as at three months ago (see post #2) enumerates all of: Ampol, Caltex Woolworths, Woolworths Petrol.
I have called amex at least 5 times about it. I have had it escalated/"investigated" multiple times. As usual all talk no action. Customer service is a disgrace these days at Amex.

Could I just ask where you’re still getting the WIsH eGift cards at 5% off please?

Yes, they're available with the NSW Seniors Card. I buy them through my mother's account and then request she forward to me.
Gotcha, thanks. Could I just ask how the process through NSW seniors work?

Does the person have to login with their NSW seniors account then navigate to the everyday gift card site to purchase the eGift card? I have some relos in NSW, but might be tricky getting their account details.

Gotcha, thanks. Could I just ask how the process through NSW seniors work?

Does the person have to login with their NSW seniors account then navigate to the everyday gift card site to purchase the eGift card? I have some relos in NSW, but might be tricky getting their account details.
Yeah, basically you register your Seniors Card for their web portal, and then when you log-in it's a fairly simple navigation (I can't recall the exact steps off the top of my head) to the Wish gift card portal.

It's worth noting that you can't redirect the delivery email from the email on record. So if you're going to get someone to register the account for you and they don't otherwise intend to use it, maybe get them to put your email on file? I have to reach out to my mother every time I refill, to get her to forward it.

Yeah, basically you register your Seniors Card for their web portal, and then when you log-in it's a fairly simple navigation (I can't recall the exact steps off the top of my head) to the Wish gift card portal.

It's worth noting that you can't redirect the delivery email from the email on record. So if you're going to get someone to register the account for you and they don't otherwise intend to use it, maybe get them to put your email on file? I have to reach out to my mother every time I refill, to get her to forward it.
I see, noted. Thanks for the explanation.

Regarding the delivery email, is that the email when register for the Seniors Card web portal or on the WISH gift card portal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Currently Active Users

Back