Annual fee waiver on AMEX PLATINUM Reserve credit card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westmate

I was offered an upgrade last year from my AMEX Gold credit card to AMEX Platinum reserve credit card with 1st year free with annual fees to be charged 2nd year onwards. I dont want to pay $295 annual (which they would charge now onwards for my card) which I received due to my professional organisation membership (It's AMEX Co-branded card).I am wondering if anyone else had their annual fees waived for Amex reserve, if so how did they manage (ie ringing customer service asking them to cancel card,get put onto retention team etc). I would love to keep Reserve but if forced to pay annual fees than would be happy to go back to annual fee free Gold credit card. I would appreciate if anyone else have experience in getting annual fees waived :?: thanks in advance

I've already got 4 same offers, but I never took it, even it's 1st year free. If you'd like to take advantage for the free flight, then it might be worth it, of course it gives you 50% more of your MR points. I rang AMEX last time to clarity the onwards annual fee and was told, because it is an affinity card with professional organisation, most likely they won't give it for free, however you are more than welcome to downgrade to your original gold card without any fees.

Be aware that if you take the offer, AMEX will not treat as upgrade. They treat as a new appllication will run another credit check on your file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back