Angry pax declines to Raise Reclined Seat During Service... | Page 10 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Angry pax declines to Raise Reclined Seat During Service...

Quickstatus

AFF Supporter
Would airlines consider installing a section of Y non reclining seats?

Moody

On the topic of reclining, recently flew SIN-Europe outbound on QF A380, return on SQ A350, both in economy.

On the QF A380 flight, the passenger in front of me reclined for the entire flight from basically 5 mins after take off to pre-landing, except when instructed to put seat upright for meals (and I might add wedged their knees up into the back fo the seat in front of them, not sure if this prevented the passenger in front of them from reclining, or whether that pax didn't want to recline, but if they did, a pox on the person in front of me). There is no way I could travel on this flight without also reclining myself (IFE too close, and difficult to get in/out of) and the recline mechanism on the seat was awful, once you pressed the button you went all the way back, quickly. On the return SQ flight, recline more limited and I sat half of the flight watching IFE with my seat upright, even though pax in front had fully reclined. And when any one reclined, seats came back much more slowly. Much better for non-recliners.
Sounds like you scored a Chronic Reclining Aircraft Passenger - probably someone on this forum! There’s no cure and all you can do is hope they get taken out of the gene pool by a truck driver dazzled by their fog lights.

dajop

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Sounds like you scored a Chronic Reclining Aircraft Passenger - probably someone on this forum! There’s no cure and all you can do is hope they get taken out of the gene pool by a truck driver dazzled by their fog lights.

Haha yes.

But had them on both flights - but on the second it didn’t bother me. A good example of more limited recline on flight #2 and good argument for limiting recline. If people want more recline they can pay for Y+ or J!!

Melburnian1

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
In relation to your last paragraph, I am not sure what you expect CX to do here apart from a template response? The not good enough comment is a tad harsh.
It isn't 'harsh' at all. There's not much room in Y seats on most airlines, so reclining when meals or drinks are being served is a selfish act.

mannej

AFF Supporter
It isn't 'harsh' at all. There's not much room in Y seats on most airlines, so reclining when meals or drinks are being served is a selfish act.
I’m not sure the OP’s comment or my response was in relation to the act of the recliner (which isn’t in question), but actually the speed of response from CX.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you're new to the world of frequent flyer points - or moving to a new country - it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the consider ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can't afford travel insurance, you can't afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and wh ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yikching