AMEX upgrade offers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. My partner downgraded her Velocity Platinum to an Essential during Virgin’s COVID seppuku and as we looked to cancel it to start the 18 month countdown again noticed a bunch of member upgrade offers. Tempted by the $200 cash back Explorer + 60k MR points. Then we can cancel and start the countdown.

Yeah noticed this on partner's Essential card as well. I might downgrade mine and wait perhaps for an upgrade offer to appear.

Good choice. Would you not consider keeping for the statement credit offers, then downgrade again to Essential, wait again for the upgrade offer?

Possibly but 1) not convinced there will necessarily be another upgrade offer and 2) the sign up bonuses for brand new cards are better, eg 120k QFF for the Ultimate. However, who knows where we'll be in 18 months, 18 months ago was a different world...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back