Amex travel credit, offshore of travel team and statement dates being in MST timezone

dcooper

Intern
Hi All,

I'm just starting to travel again and it seems as if you can only use your travel credit for 1 item from your itinerary. So i can't use it to book my flight and my hotel since the new changes. This is absolutely ridiculous... I'm also surprised that the Australian Travel team are no longer there and Manila is the new travel team that actually don't provide any of the insights like the Australian Team used to.

What are other peoples experience? What do people thing of the new travel team so far my experience has been terrible. They can't tell me about any hotels or experiences and they just read from a script. Why do we have the highest card fee's if the one reason we have the card is not a great experience.

Also has anyone noticed that some of their transactions on their statements and online account are in MST timezone? I've had heaps of issues trying to reconcile my account as transactions appear on the wrong day.... Would love to know your experience on this as mine has been "you just have to deal with it."

Also has anyone noticed that some of their transactions on their statements and online account are in MST timezone? I've had heaps of issues trying to reconcile my account as transactions appear on the wrong day.... Would love to know your experience on this as mine has been "you just have to deal with it."
This is my experience. I have a personal Platinum Charge and noticed the billing date was often the day before the actual spend (usually in Australian Eastern time).

I phoned Amex and queried this and they explained that the Amex system works in US time and so our account activity is also recorded in US time.

This is my experience. I have a personal Platinum Charge and noticed the billing date was often the day before the actual spend (usually in Australian Eastern time).

I phoned Amex and queried this and they explained that the Amex system works in US time and so our account activity is also recorded in US time.
yet the american express credit card transaction schema has a field for transaction in local time zone.... Its strage some work and some don't which for a global company is just bad technology development. I actually got access to the American express US features the other week. They still get their tax spend report annually.

………. for a global company is just bad technology development.
Agreed. But, whilst it’s a global company the technology development appears more localised. i have the US, UK & Australian Apps on my phone and they’re all different (same basics, but different).

The mere fact that you can’t get the US & UK apps (and vv) from the Australian App Store speaks volumes about a ‘global’ company’s attitude to a global and mobile customer base. It’s insular & small minded. But such is life 🤷🏻‍♂️

Agreed. But, whilst it’s a global company the technology development appears more localised. i have the US, UK & Australian Apps on my phone and they’re all different (same basics, but different).

The mere fact that you can’t get the US & UK apps (and vv) from the Australian App Store speaks volumes about a ‘global’ company’s attitude to a global and mobile customer base. It’s insular & small minded. But such is life 🤷🏻‍♂️
oh this was always a massive issue when living in the UK with the UK banks...

Change your iTunes region and all of a sudden all those free/basic apps like Gmail start uninstalling since you haven't 'purchased'.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back