Amex Travel booking terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

lonewolf

Hi guys,

I am trying to use my travel credits and make a booking, Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question but since its through the Amex Travel site, i thought it might be.

I didnt quite understand some of the booking process, so it looks like my departure is with Qantas and my return flight is with Virgin (no other flights available besides virgin on that date for some reason). I got an option saying the cheapest option is a Elevate flight out and Getaway flight back ( I presume thats different economy bookings), Since I can only use my travel credit once, I have $400 to work with, I can change that option to a Fare that is Elevate in both directions. But in the details i dont see much difference because they both seem to say there are beverages or lounge access not available. I would have thought the pricier (elevate fare) would have beverages? IS there no beverages on Qantas and Virgin on economy anymore? I was looking in the months of april and may, Sydney to brisbane return.

"
  • Beverages - currently not available
  • Lounge access - currently not available
"

Just means there are no cheaper fares available on that flight. Your not getting a better seat/food/drinks/lounge.
All you get with elevate is more status credits/points, and(in the past) more flexibility changing the booking. Not sure if that flexibility is worth it, with different Covid terms in place for current bookings and different rules via Amex on top.

Since I can only use my travel credits once, it means i can go up to Elevate for both and it will still be under $400, so i guess it sounds like i might as well go up to elevate but not freedom (almost doubles the cost).

Elevate and Getaway are both Virgin terms. So sounds like you're booking Virgin in both directions.

Since I can only use my travel credits once, it means i can go up to Elevate for both and it will still be under $400, so i guess it sounds like i might as well go up to elevate but not freedom (almost doubles the cost).
Agree, won’t hurt!
If there is any flexibility in your dates/times, return fares can be had for as low as $171 with Jetstar, $218 for Virgin and $255 with Qantas, might mean you are able to take a friend :)

If it says my travel credit expires on sat 27th , does that mean i can still use it on the day of sat 27th? or do i need to make a booking before that date? I cant find any information on whether it expires at the end of the day or the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

Back