Not open for further replies.

cmon0005

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Hi all,

I have been trying to book a QF flight on the AMEX travel website, however I can't seem to find a way to book a higher fare class, so its considered a flexible fare for points/SC's earning.
The AMEX site seems to only allow you to purchase the lowest available fare class.

Do I have to call up AMEX to make these bookings?

...The AMEX site seems to only allow you to purchase the lowest available fare class.

I'm pretty sure that on occasions it will show other fare classes in the higher priced fares, but maybe that is just a fluke and is dependent on airline (I tend to fly SQ and VA). Otherwise, you can always call them to see if they can see the other fare classes?

I am trying to buy a more expensive OOL SYD Virgin too and it keeps giving me the 146 fare only.
I want to use these useless Plat upgrades.

Otherwise, you can always call them to see if they can see the other fare classes?

So called them (AMEX) to see if they could book over the phone in a higher fare class, and was put through to my local helloworld (aka Travel Scene).
Though I was a little annoyed at how AMEX-un-friendly they are despite being an AMEX affiliated TA.

They quoted my QF flex fare no issues, I paid partially with points and the rest onto my AMEX, the TA charged me $20 booking fee for a one-way domestic fare! then to make it worse 1.5% surcharge for AMEX!!

I really needed the booking done ASAP and is required for my wife to make WP so I didn't have time to shop around at other helloworld's to see if they had different policies.

Just annoyed AMEX's travel site is poor and doesn't allow higher fare classes by selecting, just shows you the lowest available fare only. Then when calling getting directed to AMEX endorsed TA who charges a booking fee and surcharge. sigh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back