Amex survey for "card improvements"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew

Intern
Just completed the survey, in the scenarios provided they either reduced the swap rate into Krisflyer to 3:2 or removed Singapore completely as an option.
Hopefully this is not going to become fact!!

Interesting... Singapore Airlines may well be asking for a higher price for their miles. One of the big 4 banks just closed their Krisflyer cards as well.

Interesting... Singapore Airlines may well be asking for a higher price for their miles. One of the big 4 banks just closed their Krisflyer cards as well.

This raises some interesting quandary for us with points warehoused, hopefully people will provide ample notice!

Minor heart failure at this thread, may have to reduce that 2 comma warehouse of MR points as they always ( at this stage ) go to Kris. Hopefully they either give plenty of notice or do what Westpac did all those years ago and value the pre-enhancement points at the original transfer rate. Also very interested in the other questions on the survey

it's only a survey. The rest of the survey might have said. How do you feel about us not having a rewards program vs no annual fee or some bs like that. Who knows.

Amex reps do read these threads;) So if they got rid / change (for the worse) the ratio of conversion of MR points to KrisFlyer pts, there will be another card for me to cut up....

From memory the other options floated were related to deals for QFF and Velocity if >$100 000 spend (which I ignored) and some variations of using the points for Amex travel booking --claiming to match what the FF programs offered, but with no detail as to what they were matching ie full or saver redemptions. Since I only transfer to KrisFLyer and MAS my attention was concentrated on them. In the scenarios provided they offered to maintain MR to FF transfer in general but singled out KrisFlyer to 3:2 and to nil in one scenario. Needless to say I gave it a very poor rating and plenty of comments. Did anybody else get the survey?

first the cx/mp gold having been axed now krisflyer is on the chopping board...what next?

I got the survey, and in mine they asked about devaluing the QFF transfer rate and/or removing QFF as an earning partner...

Same as me, for MH. I suspect it is whatever you put down as your primary transfer partner and they are trying to gauge general devaluation reactions.
I said make any more negative changes and I'll cancel the cards. Introduce fee free oseas transactions and I'll wear most other changed apart from FF transfers.

The main benefit (from a FF point of view) of this card is that you can transfer to both QFF or other programs. If they axe the QFF option, then this card is no better than any of the Black/Diamond/whatever cards that the banks issue, and three times as expensive (or even more). Not to mention that those other cards have far simpler points earning systems.

The main benefit (from a FF point of view) of this card is that you can transfer to both QFF or other programs. If they axe the QFF option, then this card is no better than any of the Black/Diamond/whatever cards that the banks issue, and three times as expensive (or even more). Not to mention that those other cards have far simpler points earning systems.

Those cc give you 1. 5 points per 1 dollar on the amex too on all purchases which is more than amex charge card which is only some. Given the high fee they should give 2 points eg 2 sq or va points per 1 aud spent then the card would hold huge benefit. But I digress.....

Does AMEX technically need to give notice if they devalue the SQ transfer rate or even removing SQ entirely?

As I am planning to fly SQ in a couple of years time and would like to transfer at 1:1.

Cheers,
K.

Probably don't need to give notice, but my take on the rest of the comments is that they are looking at devaluing everything, if anything, rather than just SQ. I personally doubt anything will happen within about 3 months because they need to finish the survey, collate the data, then present and act on it. And we have Christmas and New Years in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back