Amex - Spend $250 - Get a $50 Woolworths Gift Card (Exp: 15 Dec 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovestotravel

So going to check my mailbox and a nice surprise from Amex

http://www.americanexpress.com.au/woolworths

Basically every $250 spent at Woolworths/Dan Murhpys/**** Smith gets you $50 back in a Woolworths Gift card. Maximum of $200 will be awarded as a gift card.

So basically spend $1000 and get $200 back

A VERY nice 20% discount, on-top of everyday rewards :mrgreen:

Of course

To be eligible to receive the $50 Woolworths gift card you must be the recipient of the mail communication and register your name, email address and card number for this offer using any American Express Card issued by American Express Australia Limited between 00:01 AEST on 1 November 2010 and 23:59 AEST on 15 December 2010 at americanexpress.com.au/woolworths. Cardmembers who hold American Express Business Travel Accounts, Government Cards, Corporate Purchasing Cards, Qantas American Express Cards, Qantas American Express Premium Cards, Qantas American Express Ultimate Cards, Qantas American Express Discovery Cards and David Jones American Express Cards and Cards not issued by American Express are not eligible to enter.

Got the postcard from the post too. Nice pre-christmas discount!

Somehow I couldn't register online, despite the fact I received the postcard in the mail?! I have to call and be registered manually.

PS: They enrolled me into my Green Charge card, not my Platinum charge. So they trade off is my platinum 500 bonus points...
But I would rather have my $200 from woolworths lol

Last edited:
Just wondering (as the T&C was not very clear on this), is it $250 or more in one transaction, or coughulative transactions? Makes a big difference. Wonder how often people spend $250 or more in one transaction at woolies?

I read it as coughulative spend of $250 across 3 industry categories.

Just wondering (as the T&C was not very clear on this), is it $250 or more in one transaction, or coughulative transactions? Makes a big difference. Wonder how often people spend $250 or more in one transaction at woolies?

coughulative - No-one is going to spend $1000 in one go really :)

$1000 in 6 weeks
$166 per week

It's what I spend on groceries anyways.

Interesting to note, that I was targeted for this one. Up until a few months ago I used to put all my shopping on my Amex card, until I started using my CBA Amex card there instead, as I could use my PIN at the self-serve checkouts.

So, maybe, as a result of not using my Amex issued card at Woolies they have targeted me for this.

Food for thought :)

Haven't received this offer myself, and may not.
But the fact that Woolworths system requires a signature for Amex, at self service, is the reason I dont use it. So I use the Woolworths Everyday Money Mastercard instead with a pin. However this offer my make me sign for a while. :)

lovestotravel,

do you know which card did you get this promo? Or the type of the card that you registered.

The Amex CS told me that only Green, gold charge/credit and blue credit card are eligible for this offer. I would like to know if they are telling the truth lol..

Last edited:
I read it as coughulative spend of $250 across 3 industry categories.

The T&C extract:
Once registered, you must spend $250 or more across three (3) or more of these industry categories at the participating retail stores, capped at a total spend of $1,000 with a maximum reward of 4 x $50 Woolworths Gift Cards, no later than 23:59 AEST on 15 December 2010. Industry Categories and participating retailers are:1) Supermarkets: Woolworths Supermarkets, Woolworths shop online, Safeway, Food for Less;2) Liquor: Dan Murphy’s; 3) Electronics: **** Smith, Tandy; 4) Department Stores: BIG W (including Vision Centres and Fuji Kiosks) Excludes spend at Woolworths Petrol.

After reading the T&C closely, I think the way to interpret the T&C can be very tricky. My understanding is that you need to spend in more than 3 catagories.

There are currently 4 catagories in the T&C, and I think you need to choose at least 3 catagories. E.g. $100 in the supermarket, $100 in Dan murphy and $50 in **** Smith in order to get you a $50 voucher. Purely spending $1000 in only 1 catagory doesn't seem to be valid. I think this is a trap for people who don't read the T&C... but again I could be wrong...

thanks for the notice, couldn't do it online either, called up the customer center and told will reply me tomorrow morning.

lovestotravel,

do you know which card did you get this promo? Or the type of the card that you registered.

The Amex CS told me that only Green, gold charge/credit and blue credit card are eligible for this offer. I would like to know if they are telling the truth lol..

I have a Plat charge and plat credit card it didn't specify which card it was for.

I registered my plat credit card!

The T&C extract:

After reading the T&C closely, I think the way to interpret the T&C can be very tricky. My understanding is that you need to spend in more than 3 catagories.

There are currently 4 catagories in the T&C, and I think you need to choose at least 3 catagories. E.g. $100 in the supermarket, $100 in Dan murphy and $50 in **** Smith in order to get you a $50 voucher. Purely spending $1000 in only 1 catagory doesn't seem to be valid. I think this is a trap for people who don't read the T&C... but again I could be wrong...

Hmmm YES you would be correct!

You do need to spend in THREE or MORE.

So THREE categories can do it, the postcard received explains this to a small degree in that you need to spend $250 or more in THREE or MORE and gives an example.. but then it becomes unclear again..... to a smaller degree.

From the Postcard

$85 on drinks at Dan Murphys
$195 groceries
$130 **** Smith
$117 Big W

Total spend Over $500
Automatically get a $100 gift card

SO - This tends to say you can spend $998 at Woolies and $1 at **** Smith and $1 at Big W ????

Therefore, I need to spend $1 at Big W & **** Smith then it would seem :p:cool::rolleyes::confused::mrgreen::evil: to be eligible.... I see no notice of min spend at the other retailers.

I wonder what the cheapest item **** Smith has on sale....

I wonder what the cheapest item **** Smith has on sale....

Dan Murphy: Cheap bottle or a bottle bag.
Big W: gum.
Rest in Safeway

Simple. It can be easily accomplished, but I think it's kinda tricky and like a trap. I wonder how many people will become ineligible because of not reading the T&C correctly.

Yep, also got the offer as well in my mailbox.

Now i have to work out which card is actually eligible ....

Dan Murphy: Cheap bottle or a bottle bag.
Big W: gum.
Rest in Safeway

Simple. It can be easily accomplished, but I think it's kinda tricky and like a trap. I wonder how many people will become ineligible because of not reading the T&C correctly.

:mrgreen::D

I wouldn't have gone to Big W or Dan Murphy's unless I was advised on here to re-read the T&C's :oops:

So I would have failed

not targeted... reckon ill have any success if i call up and just say it doesn't let me register online?

All Qantas Amex cards ineligible for this promo per the T & Cs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back