Amex QF $450 travel credit question for refundable hotel booking

airstriker

Just wondering if anyone knew the answer to this question.

I have an Amex qantas $450 travel credit that I'm thinking of using soon as it expires in 3 weeks.

I'm thinking of going from BNE to Syd return in Sep and bundling a hotel stay - a refundable booking for the hotel. $300 for the return flight and $300 for hotel which will mean I will have to pay $150 on top.

Does anyone know if I cancel the hotel booking (which is refundable) would I get the $150 that I paid back? I know, I won't get the 450 travel credit back but just wanted to know about the $150.

Just wondering if anyone knew the answer to this question.

I have an Amex qantas $450 travel credit that I'm thinking of using soon as it expires in 3 weeks.

I'm thinking of going from BNE to Syd return in Sep and bundling a hotel stay - a refundable booking for the hotel. $300 for the return flight and $300 for hotel which will mean I will have to pay $150 on top.

Does anyone know if I cancel the hotel booking (which is refundable) would I get the $150 that I paid back? I know, I won't get the 450 travel credit back but just wanted to know about the $150.
I'm not sure if you can use the AMEX QF credit to pay for hotels?

Unless you are trying to pay for the hotels & flights in the same booking and using AMEX QF credit to pay a portion of the entire booking?

I have not bundled flights and hotels in the same booking so far ... so I'm not sure how you can do what you are trying to do ...

The $450 travel credit that comes with the Amex Qantas Ultimate card can only be used on QF flights.

But the travel credit that comes with some other Amex card types can be used on any service bookable via Amex travel.

Back