Amex problems with getting the 75000 bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasimmehr

Made my first transaction on the card in first week of Nov and haven't yet got the bonus. Called Amex and the lady stated that the bonus was not linked to my account as I had to apply via a specific link (terms and conditions dont state this) and also said later that it is 6-8 weeks from the campaign offer ending, i.e 31 March (again not as stated in terms and conditions). Any one else having similar issues. She has said that she would speak to the membership rewards team and get back to me in a week. The 75000 bonus points were my primary reason to apply for the card in the first place.

Made my first transaction on the card in first week of Nov and haven't yet got the bonus. Called Amex and the lady stated that the bonus was not linked to my account as I had to apply via a specific link (terms and conditions dont state this) and also said later that it is 6-8 weeks from the campaign offer ending, i.e 31 March (again not as stated in terms and conditions). Any one else having similar issues. She has said that she would speak to the membership rewards team and get back to me in a week. The 75000 bonus points were my primary reason to apply for the card in the first place.

The lady could be right as AMEX is very strict with these promotions and you have to apply through the specific link/brochure/invitation in order to get those points, otherwise their marketing department will reject that offer. I had experience with them before, at the beginning they refused to offer anything and I lodgged a case to Financial Ombudsman Service, however I got 10000 points for the compensation only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back