AMEX Points not showing / accessible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iza

Just tried to access my membership rewards points, and guess what - they're not showing up!

First thought that ran through my head was, "they've taken them away!!!"

Telephoned AMEX who said there is a systemic problem with membership rewards and that the site should be accessible by Tuesday June 9, 2009.

Anyone been able to check their points balance?

Both my Qantas Direct and New Ascent don't show on the main page ..

Going through Membership Rewards up top and then login on the left, returns

The American Express Online Services system has not properly responded to your request.
If you were attempting to view Billing Details, the system may be unable to return all of your charges at one time. Please use your browser's back button, and press the "Additional Cards" button to view your charges one card at a time.
If the problem persists, please contact American Express Customer Services.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Both my Qantas Direct and New Ascent don't show on the main page ..

Going through Membership Rewards up top and then login on the left, returns

SnowYeti - I get the same message! Trying to remain calm and not let paranoia take over...

Don't worry Iza, they are probably doing some scheduled maintenance and taking advantage of the long weekend to do it! :) Not sure what your balance is, but when I had > 200k points and it dissapeared, I too was panicking!

I can view both Qantas Premium and Ascent MR transactions....

And me too! What a relief. Shall now try to practice not flying into panic mode, although with AMEX's track record of giving points and taking them away, it's going to be hard. :rolleyes:

And me too! What a relief. Shall now try to practice not flying into panic mode, although with AMEX's track record of giving points and taking them away, it's going to be hard. :rolleyes:

You need to moderate that panic mode with knowledge that their website has a track record of being a bit flaky at times :)

hahahaha, i just went in and checked my Amex cards....

My Platinum Charge is reporting as "Unavailable", but my other card is shwing values etc, that site is flakey !

"New Ascent" account: Transactions after 07JUN have not posted any points. I've just rung AMEX and they said that it's a technical glitch affecting many people. It should be fixed within 3-5 working days hopefully.

"New Ascent" account: Transactions after 07JUN have not posted any points. I've just rung AMEX and they said that it's a technical glitch affecting many people. It should be fixed within 3-5 working days hopefully.

We all know AMEX timeframes are worse than Microsoft minutes !!

10 days in the back office at AMEX for me = 6 months !!! real time :shock:

You need to moderate that panic mode with knowledge that their website has a track record of being a bit flaky at times :)

Perhaps I shall provide feedback on their website's flakiness when I get around to completing their Customer Service survey. I received this email below.
Amex_title.gif
fade_top.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Tell Us What You Think[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]At American Express®, we want to know what you think of our service - and what we can do to make it better.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]You have recently had contact with our Customer Service Centre and we hope that we were able to meet your needs. But could we have done more?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]To help us continually improve our service, we would like to invite you to complete our Customer Service Satisfaction Survey. Your responses will not be used for marketing purposes.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Thank you in advance for your participation. We look forward to hearing from you.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Yours sincerely,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]
suzankereere.jpg
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Suzan Kereere
Senior Vice President
Customer Services International
Japan Asia Pacific Australia
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Funny thing is I can't seem to access the survey due to the following message :D
[/FONT]

Due to scheduled maintenance the server is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again after 4:00PM CEST / 10:00AM EDT / 7:00AM PDT Saturday, June 13th 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back