Amex Points kris flyer transfer time

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlob

Just transferred some points across to KrisFlyer from my Amex Platinum account. It’s been a while since the last time and I noticed the confirmation said up to 15 days for the transfer to occur. I’m sure that is new. Any recent experiences as to how long it’s taking. Obviously hanging on award availability.

I also transferred recently (Sunday) - appeared in less than 24 hours.

I am also planning to transfer my Amex reward points to Kris Flyer.

@mlob Did the points hit your account ? How many days did it take for you as it seems to be your first time.

I transferred them on a Sunday and they were in the account late Monday.

Any experiences with transfer times to CX? I recall last time I transferred it took the full 3 business days but wondering if it's now sped up.

Hey everyone - looks like AmEx's "up to 15 days" transfer time for MR -> KF is a very conservative estimate, with all accounts above reporting <24h times.
Anybody with more recent experience?
I'm aware that it's a long straw as most wouldn't be transferring right now, but would be good to just get an idea.
Thanks!

Hey everyone - looks like AmEx's "up to 15 days" transfer time for MR -> KF is a very conservative estimate, with all accounts above reporting <24h times.
Anybody with more recent experience?
I'm aware that it's a long straw as most wouldn't be transferring right now, but would be good to just get an idea.
Thanks!
Still around 24 hours when I transferred in Dec.

Expiry of miles is at the end of the month you earned them (+ 3 years) so it makes no difference whether you transfer on 4, 14 or 24 Jan.
That's certainly true.
I was approaching it from the point of view of transferring as many points as there are in the account, especially when there's a 5000 MR minimum, and it's a long slog to get points (personal rather than business spend).
Trying to think of ways to take advantage of the 15% transfer bonus and not waste a single point :)

Note this post by @Mattg confirming that you need to transfer at least 10,000 points to get the 15% bonus:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back