Amex Platinum Edge to lose 10pts per $1 spend @ Priceline

Status
Not open for further replies.

foggy

Received snail mail today notified that the contract with priceline ends on 31st of July. I am quite disappointed by this even though I did not use it often as priceline is quite expensive but I have earned around 27k extra points ($3k spend) over the past 18months or so.

I'm pretty sure that this was only if you applied for the card through Priceline, I wish I had this promo for even a short time!

Platinum Edge Priceliine

MY wife got a letter from Amex at the end of July no more 10 points per dollar at Priceline it will only be 1 point per dollar, Amex did give a one off 1500 points bonus.

Re: Platinum Edge Priceliine

Already discussed.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 10% discount is pretty much unsustainable in the long run so the offer is there just to get customer through the door.

How did you get the 1500 one off points bonus (it wasn't in our letter)?

You could go into Priceline and buy some gift cards (12 months validity) to get 10 points per dollar before the end of July.

the 1500 points bonus was agesture of goodwill from Amex

I only had the card for about a month when they sent me that letter. I was able to get the points before they cancelled it though (which they are going to give to me anyway regardless). Ah well. I was looking forward to getting extra points for prescriptions and stuff, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back