Amex Platinum Charge Card Annual Fee

Status
Not open for further replies.

civinod

Hi All,

Just wondering what experience anyone has had regarding getting the annual fee reduced. I have just received my statement which includes $1200 renewal fee (inc supplementary cards).

Upon calling accounts they tell me no way in the world that they will reduce fee or offer any other incentive to keep the business. We put through $100k+ per month.

Quite surprised by the attitude.

Any ideas or strategies for an assualt. I hate being told NO. You would think that they would offer something.

Which product are you talking about?

If its the Personal Platinum Charge, are you paying for supp cards because you have more of them than the free allocation (I think you get four at no cost)?

Hi All,

Just wondering what experience anyone has had regarding getting the annual fee reduced. I have just received my statement which includes $1200 renewal fee (inc supplementary cards).

Upon calling accounts they tell me no way in the world that they will reduce fee or offer any other incentive to keep the business. We put through $100k+ per month.

Quite surprised by the attitude.

Any ideas or strategies for an assualt. I hate being told NO. You would think that they would offer something.

I just canned my account this week. It gives one a certain sense of satisfaction.

Last edited:
Going a little OT

They claim the cost of travel insurance has increased... I understand that.

In that case increase the annual fee $100 for everyone to cover it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back