Card Promotions AmEx Platinum Card: 325,000 Bonus Points (Spend $5000 in 3 Months), $450 Travel Credit, $400 Dining Credit, $1450 Annual Fee

Gold Member

Established Member

For some reason I can't choose the "Recent Credit Card Promotions" forum so I'll plonk it here.

From personal testing and online feedback, the bonus points varies depending on which browser and even hardware platform you use. For example;

- Apple/Safari is 275K,
- PC/Edge is 150K,
- Samsung devices is 325K.

Others are reporting similar amounts but with different browser combinations so it's not consistent. Try different combinations and/or delete cookies and go incognito until you hit the 325K jackpot.

New card holders only (>18months).

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you still get the Sign up Bonus if you hold a different Amex Card?

I hold the Amex Explorer (which is Ascent Program) not the Premium would i be eligible for the bonus points?

My Wife has the David Jones American Express Card would she get the bonus points?

Folks on OzBargain saying that because this is a charge card, it won't affect your credit score when they make a hard enquiry.

Does anyone here know if that's true?

According to the ozb thread it works with referrals as well, so you might be able to give someone a small bonus when signing up (haven't verified)

Folks on OzBargain saying that because this is a charge card, it won't affect your credit score when they make a hard enquiry.

I've noticed on past amex apps (not for a charge card though) that the application form doesn't ask for a credit limit until after the credit check is done, so the amount doesn't appear against the enquiry. But I've found amex had always done an enquiry with illion and Equifax (sometimes not with Experian).

Enquiries still seem to be the main negative factor on scores (apart from actual bad credit events)

Can a supplementary card holder apply for this and get it ?

Person has not had an Amex other than this in the past 18 months.

Anyone know how the process works for nominating the Priority Pass benefit for a supplementary cardholder? For example, if there are two additional card members, how do I nominate who it goes to? Thanks :)

Anyone know how the process works for nominating the Priority Pass benefit for a supplementary cardholder? For example, if there are two additional card members, how do I nominate who it goes to? Thanks :)
IIRC when you get the card you sign one up

It will definitely appear as an enquiry
It will also show as an open account
I suspect that the enquiry would trigger whatever algorithm they use
However once open it will not add to your combined credit limit which is one of relatively new criteria affecting credit scores
It also won't have any impact on a mortgage application
Personally I wouldn't worry too much about scores-CC-issuers seem to use the reporting agencies to look for defaults and whether your application is accurate etc. Otherwise, they make their own assessment based on income, liability and assets from the application form

IIRC when you get the card you sign one up

From memory even to sign up the primary card holder you need to fill something in. I think whoever the first supp card holder to do so will get the second one.

If you also grab the free Reserve Credit card, that comes with a basic PP subscription that gets you two free visits per year. This proved to be useful for me recently when departing ORK with three other colleagues. I could guest them all in.

I got the 325K on MacBook Pro. Too bad I'm not a new customer ... I do, however, have at least 7K worth of expenses to do ... :( If only ...

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back