Amex Platinum Australian Subscription Woes

sydunipete

Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite
Star Alliance
Gold
I recently acquired an Amex Platinum. As part of the benefits I've enrolled successfully in Hilton Gold etc but the subscription to the Australian simply won't work. I've enrolled, I get the green tick, Amex website says "No membership number", I received an SMS from the Australian saying welcome - please download the app, but I've NOT received a welcome email from The Australian and my account there under the same email address as at Amex simple shows that I have no subscription. The Australian support desk has confirmed the same several times. They simply see no record of a subscription.

I've been on the phone to Amex and The Australian so many times over the last few weeks but I'm determined not to give up.

Does anybody have similar tales of woe and can point me in the right direction for a solution?

I recently acquired an Amex Platinum. As part of the benefits I've enrolled successfully in Hilton Gold etc but the subscription to the Australian simply won't work. I've enrolled, I get the green tick, Amex website says "No membership number", I received an SMS from the Australian saying welcome - please download the app, but I've NOT received a welcome email from The Australian and my account there under the same email address as at Amex simple shows that I have no subscription. The Australian support desk has confirmed the same several times. They simply see no record of a subscription.

I've been on the phone to Amex and The Australian so many times over the last few weeks but I'm determined not to give up.

Does anybody have similar tales of woe and can point me in the right direction for a solution?

Call the Amex cancellations team (onshore) and tell them that unless they can get someone to fix your issue with your subscription you want to cancel your card. Watch how quickly someone gets it fixed. Also make sure you ask for some compensation MR points.

Call the Amex cancellations team (onshore) and tell them that unless they can get someone to fix your issue with your subscription you want to cancel your card. Watch how quickly someone gets it fixed. Also make sure you ask for some compensation MR points.
This, or put in an AFCA complaint saying AMEX have not delivered on the advertised benefits. You'll be sorted fairly quickly, with compensation to boot.

You were right. I called card cancellations, explained why, and within an hour the Australian subscription is now working and I finally have some confidence that once it works its way through the system the Radisson benefit will also work.

The operator had a Filipino accent that didn't fill me with confidence to start with, but I was wrong.

I also received a small but appreciated MR bonus.

You were right. I called card cancellations, explained why, and within an hour the Australian subscription is now working and I finally have some confidence that once it works its way through the system the Radisson benefit will also work.

The operator had a Filipino accent that didn't fill me with confidence to start with, but I was wrong.

I also received a small but appreciated MR bonus.

Great outcome!

Back