Amex Plat Concierge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamcatcher

I know there have been a few threads, but none recently so I wanted to ask a few questions before I got my charge card regarding the concierge service.

(1) I googled plat concierge but could only find American express rewards concierge - Is this service one and the same?

(2) If this is the plat concierge - it says it is only open 8am-6pm. However on the application site it says it is 24/7. Could someone clarify this?

(3) Third is more about use. Has anyone tried to use this to book restaurants in Japan. I'm having a LOT of difficulty booking 3 michelin star restaurants and I doubt my hotel concierge is up to scratch.

I know there have been a few threads, but none recently so I wanted to ask a few questions before I got my charge card regarding the concierge service.

(1) I googled plat concierge but could only find American express rewards concierge - Is this service one and the same?

(2) If this is the plat concierge - it says it is only open 8am-6pm. However on the application site it says it is 24/7. Could someone clarify this?

(3) Third is more about use. Has anyone tried to use this to book restaurants in Japan. I'm having a LOT of difficulty booking 3 michelin star restaurants and I doubt my hotel concierge is up to scratch.

1. Pretty sure they are different.
2. Its pretty much 24/7. Ive called up past midnight Oz time in the past few months and spoke to a member of the team every time; however most requests can only be entertained during business hours, so although you can make requests, you wont get a response till the next day during business hours for the city that you are requesting. The night shift crew basically fwd your request to the day team (or another team overseas) who then action it.
3. Yes, booked a restaurant for a mate who lives in Tokyo in early December with only a couple of day's notice, they did very well in securing a short list of 1-3 Michelin star options, a few of which were "full" when my mate tried to book directly (language can also be a big barrier for Jap restaurants). However when I tried to use them for a few restaurants in HK about a year ago they couldnt do much, so YMMV.

Very useful information Fatcat - thanks a lot esp for no 3. The problem with HK is perhaps due to the fact that american express platinum has had their concierge service discontinued in HK.

Does anyone know how the Rewards Concierge differs to the Plat Charge Concierge other that the fact that you have to pay for the former?

Ok I have just answered my own question (well the Concierge has anyway). Rewards Concierge is a means to spend your MR points if you didn’t want to pay for stuff in cash. They can help make purchases and take the amount off your MR balance with $100 being equivalent to ~13,000 MR points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back