Amex MR Transfers to Some Partners Bonus end 31 May 2023

NM

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Just a friendly reminder for those looking to transfer Amex Membership Rewards to point some airline and hotel programs that the bonus points promotion ends in a few days (31 May 2023.

Current bonus options, until 31 May, include:

• Velocity: Transfer a minimum of 2000 MR points to Velocity FF account in one transaction and earn 15% bonus Velocity points.
  • Hilton Honors: 30% more HH points on transfers
  • Marriott Bonvoy: 50% Bonvoy points on transfers
I generally launder my Amex points to Marriott and then can decide if I use them for Marriott rewards or send them on to an another affiliate program such as AAdvantage (not as good value it is once was).

Im doing Amex to Bonvoy to Avios. :)

My next foray will be into Hotel points, in some way I suppose. The issue i have is:
1. I won't commit to one chain, as I find it cheaper booking via cash rewards and shopback, especially with up to 25% back at times.
2. The value lost per point on multiple transfers. Would love to see a value $ at the end of a transfer. Surely KF transfers are still the highest "usable" value.?

Last edited:
At the moment I can earn up to 3 Amex MR per dollar spent (in Woolworths family gift cards used for groceries, fuel, dept store, booze). So those MR points transfer to Marriott Bonvoy at a rate of 3 MR points = 2 Bonvoy points and with 50% bonus that works out to be 1:1 transfer to Marriott. So that's not bad for hotel chain points, especially with the 3x points for supermarket spend into Amex, resulting in 3 Marriott points per $1 spent.

The poorer exchange rate now is from Marriott to airlines other than United that still has the 5,000 points bonus for each 20,000 United miles converted. Otherwise, going into AAdvantage its 3 Marriott = 1 AAdvantage, so drop back to 1:1 transfer to AA for Amex points earned from supermarket spend (reasonably good), but 3:1 for regular Amex spend.

KF points can be good value, but they expire. If you know they will be used before expiry, then certainly can make for great value. Unfortunately that does not fit my current expected operations. I can keep my AA miles active so they won't expire, but might not use them if they expired after a fixed time.

Im doing Amex to Bonvoy to Avios. :)
I'm parking them in Bonvoy for now, so your strategy is still an option for me in the future. Just cleared out the MR balance before the end of May to get the bonus on that transfer out.

Argh looks like it ended already. Was going to transfer yesterday and didn't have my card on me for the code, checked today and all the bonus points messages are gone :(

Edit: Confirmed with live chat that the bonus is still live until 11:59PM
Edit 2: I just transferred the points and did not receive a 30% bonus. This is my first time with the bonus, is it instant or does it come separately later?

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me to do mine - I transferred points to Marriott - no bonus showing through MR - expecting bonus to be credited when they land at Marriott. I spoke with the online chat - they said it's valid until today. They said emailing me a transcript of the chat will take a week as Backoffice has to do it.

I managed to highlight all the chat with my mouse and have saved it into a word document. Hopefully I won't need it to try to get my bonus points.

Thanks for reminding me to do mine - I transferred points to Marriott - no bonus showing through MR - expecting bonus to be credited when they land at Marriott. I spoke with the online chat - they said it's valid until today. They said emailing me a transcript of the chat will take a week as Backoffice has to do it.

I managed to highlight all the chat with my mouse and have saved it into a word document. Hopefully I won't need it to try to get my bonus points.
Jut reporting back to close the loop - I just checked my Marriott account and the points have already arrived and the bonus points posted at the same time as a separate line item. Glad I got to this on time. Now to see what I will book :)

Argh looks like it ended already. Was going to transfer yesterday and didn't have my card on me for the code, checked today and all the bonus points messages are gone :(

Edit: Confirmed with live chat that the bonus is still live until 11:59PM
Edit 2: I just transferred the points and did not receive a 30% bonus. This is my first time with the bonus, is it instant or does it come separately later?
When I transferred a few days ago to Bonvoy, the transaction message showed the normal points (not bonus points). But the actual points that showed up in my Bonvoy account when I checked a few days later did include the 50% bonus. That mirrored my previous experience with Amex transfers so I was not concerned and expected the landing at the destination to include the bonus even though the Amex page just showed the regular amount. So have you verified that the target for your transfer did or did not receive the bonus points?

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back