Amex Membership Points to Velocity or Singapore Airlines? I have plenty of Qantas Points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad1549

Hi all,

I know I'm sure this is personal preference, but I'm looking to close my Amex Explorer card but will transfer my points to either Velocity or Krisflyer (Singapore Airlines).

I currently have:

a. 1.8mil Qantas Frequent Flyer points
b. 53,000 Krisflyer points (this is equivalent to one 'Saver' flight fare (waitlisted) from Sydney to London
c. 1,500 Velocity points

Once I cancel my Explorer card I plan on getting a Velocity-earning card.

Also, I primarily travel internationally to pretty much everywhere except Africa and the Middle East.

Thanks all.

Same as Qantas and lower tax.
But aren't Asia Miles difficult to obtain? The transfer from American Express to Asia Miles would only give me 20k points. I then want to cancel the card. How would I obtain more? I don't believe there are any Asia Miles point-earning cards, are there?

Also I just had a look at the Asia Miles airline partners and they're very similar to Qantas/One World partnership. Why would I want Asia Miles when I already have plenty of Qantas points?

I also have quite a few Qantas points but not enough for 2 next year for international return in J (assuming we can travel overseas). My plan is to use Qantas points 1 way and Krisflyer the other. My problem at the moment is I want to build up my Krisflyer miles by finding a card that earns big sign on bonus points and then ongoing value at least $1/1 point. There are plenty of Qantas cards with generous sign on points but very scarce for Krisflyer.

I have the Westpac Amex at the moment and would prefer another Amex*. Normally the Explorer card would be a good option but only 50000 membership bonus points. Any suggestions?

*I am eligible for sign on bonus points because the Westpac Amex is bank issued rather than Amex issued and they are treated separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back