Amex lounge access for 3 people with Platinum Business Charge/Reserve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nooks

I've just received my Platinum Business Charge Card. I'm in the process of applying for a Platinum Reserve for my wife and I as our comp card for personal expenses. So far, I've only been able to register myself for a Priority Pass.

Objective 1: I want to be able to go into the Amex Lounge in Sydney International Airport with my wife when we go on holidays in July (and hopefully take our 3 kids as well (aged 6-11)) as well as the Bula Lounge in Fiji. I don't foresee any other overseas trips this year.

Objective 2: I was planning on getting a supplementary Business Charge Card for a valued employee with the goal of her being able to access the lounge as well (by herself and possibly her husband). She's not going to be putting a lot of expenses on the card.

My questions are:

1. How many of us can get a Priority Pass (and if only 2, who should I allocate to)?
2. Can I achieve Objective 1 (with or without kids)?
3. Can I achieve Objective 2 (with our without husband)?
4. Do I need to also get a supplementary business charge card for my wife (solely for the purpose of getting her in the Amex Lounge)?
5. Who of us will also get access to Virgin domestic lounges?

As far as I have experienced:

1) priority pass is only for the primary card holder

2) can take Mrs P and the 3 junior P's into Amex Centurion and Virgin lounges no problems just on the primary card (Mrs P got the supplementary charge just in case she is travelling without me to gain access)

3) staff issued with the charge card have had no issue getting into Virgin lounges

Get as many cards as you are comfortable being accountable for!

Notes from when I had a Plat card (I now have Centurion).

Priority Pass should be applicable on both primary and supp. Have to enrol though.

Flash your Plat card for comp access to Virgin Lounges for you and guest.

Confirming staff with supp plat cards OK for Virgin Lounges as long as their name is on the card and it matches their boarding pass.

Bula Lounge in Fiji OK with Priority Pass as long as both ticket holders have one, otherwise you will have to pay.

Kids not covered so might have to stay at home...

I hope this helps

Priority Pass membership entitles you to one guest. One supplementary card holder also gets this type of membership.
It's up to the individual Priority pass lounges how they interpret child access. Only place I tried was AS Boardroom at LAX and they counted a primary school age daughter as my guest.
Amex lounges are much more flexible in this regard.

I use my VA status for VA lounges so cannot comment on child access there. Likely ok from the answers so far.

Thanks. I think I'll get two supplementary cards but give the Priority Pass to my wife (better keep her happy). This will look after my employee as well.

Sounds like the lounge in Fiji won't allow the kids without paying but my wife and I might be able to tag team in...

I've had no problem accessing the Fiji lounge with my PP. been able to get my 2 kids in and my wife with no problems as guests.
though I use the one that comes with my Citi Prestige. Not sure what the difference with the Amex Plat membership which I haven't used yet. My reading of the Amex business plat site seems to be more restrictive for PP issued with business plat than I recall for personal Plat charge - which looked functionally similar to Citi's membership.
Have yet to use Amex centurion lounge in sydney with my personal Plat charge card.
My reading is only the primary cardmember can have the PP membership so not sure you'll be able to register one in your wife's name. Interested to hear about others' success in doing so.

I've had no problem accessing the Fiji lounge with my PP. been able to get my 2 kids in and my wife with no problems as guests.
though I use the one that comes with my Citi Prestige. Not sure what the difference with the Amex Plat membership which I haven't used yet. My reading of the Amex business plat site seems to be more restrictive for PP issued with business plat than I recall for personal Plat charge - which looked functionally similar to Citi's membership.
Have yet to use Amex centurion lounge in sydney with my personal Plat charge card.
My reading is only the primary cardmember can have the PP membership so not sure you'll be able to register one in your wife's name. Interested to hear about others' success in doing so.

Apologies for creating confusion. Just looked up the website (I have a personal Platinum Charge not business).
The card holder and one supplementary card holder get Priority pass but unlike the personal card it looks as if there's no complimentary guest included with either of these memberships.
American Express

Platinum Business Charge got me two priority passes. In the end, I gave the second one to my employee as I know she and her husband will be able to use it. If I ever travelled without kids, I could take my wife in as a guest.

My whole family can go into the Amex lounge on the way to Fiji on the Amex card(s) but to get my whole family into the Tabua Lounge at Fiji (not sure where I got Bula from), I was always going to have to rely on a a friendly receptionist at the lounge to let my kids in or at least pay for 1 child (if my wife and I could both bring in a guest). The Fijian lounge doesn't look like we're missing too much anyway.

The annoying thing is that my complimentary Platinum Reserve also gives me two Priority Pass lounge accesses, but I was told that only I (as primary card holder) could use them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back