Amex just gave me 10,000 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlagalle

Qantas
Platinum
I'm working in Perth at the moment I received a call this morning (about 6.30am) from Amex. I was about to get all steamed up with them as i have done lately, however the girl went on her speil about me being such a valued customer (tell that to their credit department who cut off my business cards because the payment went through a day late!!).

Anyway she said that as I was so valued they were giving me 10,000 MR points and they would appear in my account within the next 10 days. no strings etc. and sure enough the points were there this afternoon!

Has anyone else had a call like this?

Cheers,

Nick

I received my call at around 2pm AEST. Same story....and said it was a Xmas gift from Amex.

ARRRGHHHHHHHH

That has probably been the private number that has been calling me a few times this week

ARRRGHHHHHHHH

Well maybe, or my overdue Foxtel account :oops:

Nice Xmas gift, that would make up for me being excluded from the Plus2Bonus points promotion... Sort of.....

Well, no phone call from Amex for me. Oh well, I got quite a lot of points from last year's Amex promo anyway :cool:. I rather Amex offering us the same unlimited promo than 10000 points.

Well, no phone call from Amex for me. Oh well, I got quite a lot of points from last year's Amex promo anyway :cool:. I rather Amex offering us the same unlimited promo than 10000 points.

I would say that we will NEVER see that promotion again EVER.

Unlimited points
5,000 points per 5 transactions which is really 1000 points per transaction

So basically spend $5 and get 1000 points

The current TARGETED promotion of an extra 2 points per $1 spent is more than likely the best that we will see. I would also suggest that the only reason that it is running at the moment is to match the CBA amex offering until the end of January.

Will be "interested" too see what promotions happen after the 31st January 2010.

My gut feeling is not much

I would say that we will NEVER see that promotion again EVER.

Unlimited points
5,000 points per 5 transactions which is really 1000 points per transaction

Ahh, never say never ........ Staff quit and some new staff will think of these creative promos ....... and of course not consulting with IT departments .... Just keep it quiet though.

Congrats to those who got it but I've missed out.

I have never been offered an Amex promo in the 33 years that I have had the cards. Perhaps I should slow down my spending. :evil:

I received the call yesterday as well around lunch time. Checked this morning and sure enough 10,000 points had been added with the notation 'Customer Loyalty Bonus Points'. I've got the Platinum Credit Card and Gold Charge Card currently. Merry Christmas indeed! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Back