AMEX Fine Hotels n Resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasimmehr

Just going through the fine hotels n resorts website, I can see a number of them in USA, but these do not appear when going through the site in Australia. Do Amex Platinum card holders have access to all FIne Hotels and Resort properties with the added bonuses?

Just going through the fine hotels n resorts website, I can see a number of them in USA, but these do not appear when going through the site in Australia. Do Amex Platinum card holders have access to all FIne Hotels and Resort properties with the added bonuses?

Yes, Amex Platinum and Centurion charge card holders get access to FHR benefits and rates at FHR properties in Australia.

Have only ever used it once - at Park Hyatt Sydney, earlier this year before it closed. Got a room upgrade, free brekkie, and a few other things I can't remember now.

Just looked it up now and saw that my regular Melbourne hotel of choice (The Langham) is an FHR property. I never knew! Should have been booking through Amex all this time...

I was actually wondering if Platinum cardholders get FHR benefits worldwide?

Where on the AMEX AU site is the FHR information (and booking), or is it an over the phone additional service?

Is there any way to view actual FHR rates online for Australian Plat / Cent customers?

I don't believe there is, but am happy to be corrected.

I have had to ring every time I want a price, even for Australian based properties which is a bit tedious. Each time they confirm card membership number etc to ensure eligibility for the rates and the hotel must be paid with the card.

Are the rates good though? I mean, are they comparable to what you'd be able to get by booking online?

sometimes the rates are lower then best availibe (have found this to be the case at Grand Hyatt Melbourne at times). Otherwise they seem to be competitive!

One of the hotels I like to stay at in Melbourne is Grand Hyatt. I have only booked it twice through Amex, every other time I have received a better price through the hotel and therefore booked directly with them. Prices I have been quoted for hotels overseas have been higher than I could get with the hotels directly. It is of course up to you how highly you value the 'extras' that you get by booking with Amex. The 4pm checkout is something I value, but continental breakfast isn't (as I booked a Club room and have breakfast anyway). The additional amenity you receive Grand Hyatt Melb is $100 credit at the Spa. The first time I booked there were no spa appts available for the 2 days I was there, so that turned out to be worthless. I have never received a room upgrade at Grand Hyatt.

Is this for any amex issued plat card or only the plat charge card? I have a plat reserve, but not the charge yet.

I always check what the lowest rate is directly through the hotel's website - I've found that the Amex FHR rate tends to be similar to that...

I recently stayed @ Four Seasons Sydney through Amex FHR. About a week befor my stay, out of curiosity I cross checked the hotel's rate directly with the FS website again - turned out it had lowered by $60/night since I had originally booked it. Rang up Amex and they were able to re-book me at the lower rate (which was also the new Amex FHR rate).

I have never received a room upgrade at Grand Hyatt.

I stay at either the Grand Hyatt or Park Hyatt on FHR whenever I'm in Melbourne and they always upgrade (5 times at the Grand, twice at the Park). When checking in they always acknowledge that you are part of the FHR program and are delighted to always upgrade the room to the higher levels.

Has anyone used the Langham, Melbourne on FHR? Any comments?

I stay at either the Grand Hyatt or Park Hyatt on FHR whenever I'm in Melbourne and they always upgrade (5 times at the Grand, twice at the Park). When checking in they always acknowledge that you are part of the FHR program and are delighted to always upgrade the room to the higher level

gep, curious to know what type of room you originally booked and what upgrade you were given? I have always booked a King Club Room, so an upgrade would be to a suite and as previously posted on check in when I ask about an upgrade I have been told there is nothing available. I have wondered whether I would have more luck with an upgrade if I booked a lower category room :?:

Hi all,

Going to be in RIO in a few weeks. Looking at booking the Copacobana Palace which has FHR benefits via Amex. However, Amex have quoted me exactly the same price as their website, which is $3.5k for 6 nights. HotelClub is quoting $2.5k for the same room. If I book online via HotelClub, is there a chance of receiving the FhR benefits? I don't need late check-out as I have an 8am flight out of RIO, however an upgrade would be nice.

Cheers

Hi all,

Going to be in RIO in a few weeks. Looking at booking the Copacobana Palace which has FHR benefits via Amex. However, Amex have quoted me exactly the same price as their website, which is $3.5k for 6 nights. HotelClub is quoting $2.5k for the same room. If I book online via HotelClub, is there a chance of receiving the FhR benefits? I don't need late check-out as I have an 8am flight out of RIO, however an upgrade would be nice.

Cheers

Nope. Must be booked via Amex...

They're not going to give you all the extras when you spent $1000 less than the next guy. Usually the online rates from aggregators like Hotelclub are offered as cheaper because they restrict flexibility and don't usually earn points in hotel reward program's etc, and I would expect the same to be true with not extending FHR benefits to you

So I've just booked via HotelClub. Will attempt to sweet talk an upgrade by showing my card... Can't hurt! Either way its a great hotel, been there before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back