Amex Discovery 7,500 QFF bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isochronous

Established Member
Also offering 0% purchase rate for 6 months. Minimum income is $35,000.

Two questions:

1. How meticulous are Amex with their credit checks?
2. To get the last 2,500 tranche of the bonus, you have to spend on eligible QF products within 3 months or something. Does this include the gift voucher - I do this all the time now to avoid credit card fees.

Morning!

1) They require both an excellent credit history (0 defaults/judgements etc), as well as a duration of credit history. I was declined when I was 19, but accepted when I applied again this year (22). They verified my ID electronically, and there was no need to send payslips or other CC statements (in my case).

2) No idea sorry!

Sent from AFF Mobile Edition

Morning!

1) They require both an excellent credit history (0 defaults/judgements etc), as well as a duration of credit history. I was declined when I was 19, but accepted when I applied again this year (22). They verified my ID electronically, and there was no need to send payslips or other CC statements (in my case).

2) No idea sorry!

Sent from AFF Mobile Edition

Excellent. How long from application to sending the card out?

Also offering 0% purchase rate for 6 months. Minimum income is $35,000.

Two questions:

1. How meticulous are Amex with their credit checks?
2. To get the last 2,500 tranche of the bonus, you have to spend on eligible QF products within 3 months or something. Does this include the gift voucher - I do this all the time now to avoid credit card fees.

IIRC it needs to a flight with a QF number.

Does card get 1:1 points on utilities or has this card had the AMEX enhancement?

Here are the conditions.

2. Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number) purchased on the Qantas merchant account i.e. with Qantas direct or some travel agents and Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes: Jetstar, Qantas Holidays and Qantas branded non-airfare products. Subject to Points Terms and Conditions available here.

Got this card 3 weeks ago. Was approved online in 5 minutes. Bonus points posted last week for $300 spend.

From the conditions for the bonus QFF points when you buy a QFF flight in Australia I cannot see an end date for this part of the promotion.

An additional 2,500 points will be awarded after the first Card spend on purchases of selected Qantas products and services in Australia.

From my reading of the conditions you receive 2,500 points on your first spend whether it be a Qantas flight, QC joining or annual fees.

So I've received one of these cards, and am quite happy with it. 10.8K points posted last month with one of the bonuses - not bad for a freebie.

However, I was thinking that as most of flying is with VA (though I did want a QF card, but didn't want to pay so this was perfect), perhaps I should have got the Virgin one to maximise the points from my VA flight purchases.

Is it possible to apply for both the VA and the QFF Discovery card? Or is any application for the second just likely to get rejected? It would be nice to have the mix-n-match option. I do already have the VA Flyer card, but that is capped at $1500/mth with no bonus for VA spend (though I find I get enormous value from the 2-4-1).

Good value amex card. Was close to choosing this one but eventually decided the plat. edge would be slightly more useful in my circumstances. Hope it serves you well.....

You can get 8,000 QFF points on the Discovery card with a referral from an existing cardholder. Not a significant bonus, but if you would like a referral then please send me a PM.

I believe the referral bonus on the Platinum Edge is 15k MR points instead of the current offer of 10k.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back